Her Campus Partners with Paley Center for PaleyFest LA Ticket Giveaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Have you ever wanted to be in the same room as some of your favorite tv stars? Have you ever watched an episode of your favorite show and asked yourself, “how did they come up with this?!” Well, your chance to do that is finally here! Her Campus Cal Lutheran is proud to announce their partnership with The Paley Center for Media’s 33rd Annual PaleyFest Los Angeles. Starting Monday, February 22 to Friday, February, 26, Her Campus will be giving away tickets to the star studded events throughout the week!

The Paley Center for Media is a non-profit organization based in both Los Angeles and New York. The organization works to acknowledge the force in cultural, creative, and social significance that television, radio, and other emerging platforms create.

PaleyFest LA is a television festival that celebrates some of TV’s most acclaimed series. The festival will run from March 11, 2016 to Sunday March 20, 2016, each day, fans are granted exclusive access to special screenings and panel conversations with both the creators and actors of popular TV shows. Fans will be able to interact with the creative forces behind the success of their favorite television shows at The Dolby Theater.

Through PaleyFest LA, The Paley Center for Media takes pride in a tradition of celebrating television’s diversity and inclusivity of highlighting diverse roles and storylines that forge a cultural impact while also entertaining the masses.

This year’s Paleyfest lineup is full of incredible and diverse shows that cater to a wide audience of television fans, the eleven shows featured in this year’s festival are: Empire, Better Call Saul, Scream Queens, Black-ish, Supergirl, Scandal, The Big Bang Theory, Fear the Walking Dead, Stars of Law & Order: SVU, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., & Chicago Med Salute to Dick Wolf, Power, and for the closing night presentation: American Horror Story: Hotel.

The major stars of all of the previously listed are to appear as panelists for the event. Some of the many stars confirmed in the panelist lineup are: Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson, Bob Odenkirk, Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele, Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Melissa Benoist, Calista Flockhart, Kerry Washington, Guillermo Diaz, Tony Goldwyn, Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Dick Wolf, Sophia Bush, Ice-T, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, and Evan Peters, just to name a few.

Tickets for each individual night of events range from $20 – $80, but Her Campus Cal Lutheran will be giving away pairs of tickets for each day of PaleyFest via our social media and while tabling on The Spine on Wednesday, February 24. There will be eleven winners who will be able to attend and enjoy PaleyFest with a friend just for being Her Campus supporters.

On top of the giveaways, Her Campus Cal Lutheran is also providing a discount code for the Cal Lutheran community. Use the code PFHC10 and you will immediately receive a discount off of the regular price of a ticket. So even if you don’t win but still really want to go to, you can still save on purchasing tickets courtesy of HCCLU.

Keep an eye out for the social media giveaways and be sure to visit the Her Campus table on Wednesday February 24th to try to win tickets for this amazing event!

To purchase tickets and for more information, visit paleyfest.org. 

PaleyFest LA Schedule per day:

Friday, March 11: Empire

Saturday, March 12: Better Call Saul (2:00 pm)

Saturday, March 12: Scream Queens (7:00 pm)

Sunday, March 13: Black-ish (2:00 pm)

Sunday, March 13: Supergirl (7:00 pm)

Tuesday, March 15: Scandal (7:30 pm)

Wednesday, March 16: The Big Bang Theory (7:30 pm)

Friday, March 18: Hulu’s Difficult People (7:30 pm)

Saturday March 19: Fear the Walking Dead (2:00 pm)

Saturday, March 19: Stars of Law & Order: SVU, Chicago Fire, P.D., & Med Salute to Dick Wolf (7:00 pm)

Sunday March 20: Closing night presentation: American Horror Story: Hotel (7:00 pm)

Karie is currently a Senior at California Lutheran University. She is a Marketing Communications and TV/ Film Production major.When she's not busy working on content for Her Campus, Karie enjoys going to Disneyland, especially on Dapper Day, watching Sofia Coppola movies, and reading long novels at the beach.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!