Hannah Burroughs ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Hannah Burroughs

Major: Marketing Communications

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Simi Valley, California

Relationship Status: Currently in a relationship

Height: 5’8”

Favorite Sport (to watch or play): I like watching football, but I love playing tennis.

Favorite Food: Sushi!

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: How do you feel about being a “Campus Cutie”?

Hannah Burroughs: Well it’s a bit unexpected, but it’s nice to have been nominated!

HC: What do you hope to accomplish during your first year at Cal Lu?

HB: I want to make many new friends, try new things, and become a part of the Cal Lutheran family.

HC: Where is your favorite place on campus?

HB: Starbucks. I gotta get my daily coffee.

HC: Favorite TV show?

HB: I would have to say My Big Fat Fabulous Life on TLC because it portrays a positive message, but another favorite of mine is The Middle because it’s HILARIOUS.

HC: If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?

HB: I think most people would say understanding, simply because I’m a good listener and I provide insightful advice when they ask for my help.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

HB: In ten years I will be 29, so I’m hoping to have a steady job, be happily married, and hopefully having children in the near future.

HC: Do you have any desire to study abroad? If so, where would you want to go?

HB: Yes I would study abroad! Preferably in my junior year. I would love to explore the Outback in Australia or see the magnificent scenic countryside in England. Either one.

HC: How does your major play into your “life plan”?

HB: I’m still in the process of figuring that out, but I’m leaning towards wanting a job in the fashion industry.

HC: Because you want to pursue fashion, are you loving any particular clothing trend at the moment?

HB: I actually don’t have a specific trend that I love right now…

HC: Compare your dream job to what you wanted to be as a kid.

HB: I really wanted to be a veterinarian because I loved, and will always love, animals, but then I realized that I would have to take care of sick animals and that made me really sad.

HC: Speaking of pets, any pet peeves?

HB: My biggest ones are loud chewing, when people read aloud to themselves, attention seekers, when people are mean to animals, and when people are constantly on their phone when I’m hanging out with them. It’s annoying.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

HB: Shopping, playing tennis, adventuring, going to the movies, listening to music, and (the obvious) hanging with friends!

HC: Since you love listening to music, what are your favorite genres of music or favorite bands?

HB: Anything but country! My favorite music to listen to is “Today’s Hits” and currently, my favorite artist would have to be Nicki Minaj.

HC: Do you have any secret talents or unknown hobbies that you are willing to share?

HB: I don’t have any secret talents, but one thing that many people might not know is that I’m pretty good at ping pong!

o s

Bowdoin '17

*
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!