Sophomore year was definitely one for the books. It was a full school year on Zoom. It was busy and chaotic. I made so many new friends and put myself out there more. But despite everything, my second year of college taught me so much.

[bf_image id="g6f9jnrmrrw36nbvsqfjwtg"]

1. IT IS OKAY TO FAIL. 
  • I was always so hard on myself for a bad grade on an exam or quiz. I used to push myself too much and it would tire me out. I would make a schedule to follow and if I did not follow it, I would put myself down for it. As time went on, I learned that as long as I gave it my all, there will be a good outcome, and if the outcome I wanted didn't become reality, then it was not meant to be. 

2. DON'T BE SO SHY. 
  • I am awful at socializing with new people. I have never liked it, but this year my confidence grew and I became more of a social person. I made amazing new friends that I feel comfortable with at all times. I love talking to them for hours and hours, even if it is through FaceTime.
3. ENJOY EVERY SINGLE DAY. 
  • In the midst of an awful pandemic, my sophomore year of college taught me to take in everything: All the good and the bad. Waking up with a positive outlook on the day has been a game-changer. I enjoy every single day doing what makes me happy and with people that make me happy.

[bf_image id="8q3kcck63tqqbb7sw8txz8"]

4. IT IS OKAY TO CHANGE YOUR MIND. 
  • Sophomore year threw me some insane curveballs. I thought I had my mind made up on what I wanted my future to look like and what it would include. That all has changed, and I was pretty upset about it at first. However, as time went on, I learned to be okay with me outgrowing certain aspects of myself that led me to change my mind on what I wanted my future to be like. I am confident that it will work out in the end.

These have to be the four lessons on life that sophomore year at Cal Lu taught me. 

I had so much fun. 

I will forever love this academic year because I grew so much as an individual, but all good things eventually come to an end so...

Goodbye Sophomore Year. 

My name is Wendy and I am a Sociology and Spanish major at California Lutheran University. I have lived in Ventura County all my life, making me a huge fan of the beach. I love to read on my down time, spend time with friends and workout. My love for writing began during quarantine where I found it to be a great way to express myself! I hope you enjoy my articles!