This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: William Cochran

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Goleta, CA

You can find this guy spiking the volleyball for his Intramural Volleyball team! He likes to participate in Hall Cup activities that include capture the flag and cosmic dodge ball. When he’s not in class studying to become a clinical military psychologist or intelligence officer for the Air Force, William Cochran enjoys playing his guitar, reading a good book, and going to the gym. “I do a lot of reading,” said William. He loves to watch Silver Linings Playbook, “It’s my favorite movie!” He eats tons of sushi and listen to all kinds of music. William said “at home I like to go for runs and hikes and such.”

William chose to come to Cal Lutheran because he “was looking for a school on the smaller side so [he] could get to know the teachers and have them, you know, actually care about you rather than on a ‘just name basis’. And they offered [him] a lot of money, so…”

His biggest inspiration is his father: “He’s the perfect model for everything I want to be as a man. He’s taught me a lot, like discipline and integrity and I just admire that about him and I hope to be like him.”  

Elaine Abarta

Cal Lutheran

Elaine is a Junior at California Lutheran University majoring in Communications. She is currently Publicity Director and Features Writer for Her Campus at Cal Lutheran. She loves planning events, singing, playing guitar, and spending time with her friends and family. 
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!