This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

From: Oxnard, California

Fun Facts:

• I love to do makeup
  • I’m a certified makeup artist
  • I was on the varsity cheer team all 4 years of high school
  • I enjoy playing my favorite songs and dancing alone in my room
  • I am fluent in Spanish and English

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: What do you intend to major in?

Brianna Medina: I intend to major in Biology.

HCCLU: Why did you decide to pick CLU?

BM: I made my decision to attend CLU because of the small class sizes, the welcoming feeling that the staff gives, and access to the resources I need in order to do my best as well as succeed.

HCCLU: Do you plan to live on campus or commute? If you live on campus where do you plan to live?

BM: I plan to live on campus for my first year and then commute for the three years after. I plan on living in either Pederson or Thompson.

HCCLU: What are you most looking forward to about attending this campus?

BM: I look forward to making new friends and taking part in school events.

HCCLU: Have you ever visited CLU? If so, what’s your favorite part about it?

BM: I have visited CLU a couples of times. My favorite part about the campus is that it’s small and easy to get around, a plus is that it’s very clean and beautiful throughout.

HCCLU: What do you think will be the hardest part about your transition from high school to college?

BM: I think that the hardest part of transitioning from high school to college would have to be my study habits. In high school you can sometimes get away with little study/no study at all, but in college it’s a whole different story.

HCCLU: What are you most excited about? Scared/nervous about?

BM: I am most excited about making new friends and enjoying my independence living on campus. Although I am nervous about how I am going to handle college level work.

HCCLU: Do you plan to be involved in anything during your first year?

BM: I do plan on being involved because I feel it’s a great way to get to know people. However, I’m not quite sure what I will do or what organizations I will join just yet.

HCCLU: Who’s the most influential person in your life? Why?

BM: The most influential person to me would have to be my mom, to see where she is now compared to where she was eighteen years ago. She truly inspires me to work hard not only for my family but for myself as well. She has definitely influenced me in all the positive ways possible and I am grateful for that.

HCCLU: What do you plan to do in the future?

BM: I plan on going into the medical field to become an OB/GYN.

Leslie Madrigal

Cal Lutheran '20

Hello, my name is Leslie Madrigal. I am a senior at Cal Lutheran double-majoring in Criminal Justice and Spanish with a minor in Ethnic Studies! Besides being a part of Her Campus, I am also the Co-President for the Latin American Student Organization, Vice President of My Generation My Fight, and Secretary for the Criminal Justice Student Association. I work on campus at the Office of the President as well as having an off campus job in retail. And I volunteer for the Safe Passage Program through the Criminal Justice Department.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!