This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Vacation trips are always fun and much needed. Special trips and getaways are even better when they’re spent in the company of your closest friends! Planning and executing a successful trip with your friends can be stressful with everyone’s different schedules. I’ve compiled a list of 8 things that my friends and I do to plan and have an amazing getaway!

1. Pick a place: It’s always good to have a few locations in mind when choosing where to travel to. My friends and I always pick camping trips or nearby cities we want to explore. We find it easy to visit in state locations as it makes it is always cheaper than going out of state. 

2. Establish possible dates: As soon as the semester begins, my friends and I get on a video call and exchange our schedules. We look at any open dates during the semester and if none are available we start to plan for winter, spring or summer trips when we’re all off of school. We set aside some weekends to visit each other or different cities. Having an idea of when we’re all available helps make amazing trips actually happen. 

3. Set a budget: We are all struggling college students so having money readily available is not always realistic. It’s good to determine prices and costs so everyone can start saving!

4. airbnb: My friends and I love Airbnb! It’s a super cheap way to find places to stay. Pay close attention to the details written on each posting. Going for places that are private and not shared are always a safer option.  

5. Use a credit card: It’s always easy to reserve right away and putting the cost on a credit card is so helpful. Using a credit card for events with limited availability guarantees your entry and it’s good to have all transactions show up on one billing statement. 

6. Venmo: If you don’t have a Venmo account, you need one! Having an account through Venmo makes it easy to find your friends and pay them back. If one of your friends has put the cost on their credit card, Venmo makes it easy to pay them back without having to struggle with cash and any possible miscounting.

7. Assign costs: Splitting the costs of a trip makes it all fair between everyone. Someone can take care of the food costs, the room, gas, etc. 

8. Finalize and have fun!: Make sure you have all booking and confirmation numbers and that everyone in the group knows the plan. All the efforts put into planning your trip will pay off with fun times and awesome memories! Bon Voyage! All photos courtesy of the author

Hi my name is Laura Reyes! I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and Psychology at Cal Lutheran.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!