Five Cheap and Easy Crock Pot Meals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Here are five quick, easy and cheap crock pot recipes! All of these are family recipes!

Beef Stew:

2LBS of beef stew meat

1 Small bag of carrots

4 potatoes cut in half

1/2 yellow onion in large pieces

1 pack of McCormick slow cooker beef stew seasoning 

1 1/3 cup of water

Combine all of the ingredients into the crock pot, and then put the crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.

http://www.onceuponachef.com/2011/02/beef-stew-with-carrots-potatoes.html

Chicken Noodle Soup:

1 large bag of large egg noodles

2 large boxes of chicken broth

3 chicken breats

1 small bag of carrots

2 stocks of celery

Combine all ingredients, except th noodles, into the crock pot, and cook it for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. When there are about 20 minutes left, shred the chicken and add the Egg Noodles.

Chicken and Rice:

2 large cans of Cream of Chicken soup 

1 small box of chicken broth

3 chicken breasts

Between 3 and 4 cups of rice depending on desired thickness

Combine all ingredients, except the rice, into the crock pot for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. When there are about 30 minutes left, shred the chicken and add desired amount of rice.

Pulled Pork Sandwiches:

3LB pork roast

2 jars of KC masterpiece BBQ sauce    

hamburger buns

Combine the pork roast and BBQ sauce in the crock pot, and cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. When the time has finished, shred the pork and mix it in the BBQ sauce. Scoop desired amount onto a bun and enjoy!

Meatball sandwiches:

20 frozen meatballs

2 jars of spaghetti sauce

Italian sandwich rolls

Combine meatballs and sauce into the crockpot, and cook on high for 3 hours. Add meatballs to the rolls and enjoy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mini-meatball-her…

Mandy Avella

Cal Lutheran

I am a sophomore at California Lutheran University. I am a Marine Biology major with an English minor. I am a feature writer, as well as a member of the Photography team.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!