First day back: Fall Semester 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Last week, the first day of Fall semester at California Lutheran University was eventful as students fell right back into the routine of morning coffee, study breaks between classes and small reunions with good friends. 

Students are drawn to the flagpole on their first day and their last first day at CLU to ring the bell. It is widely believed that ringing the bell on the first day of college will bring students good luck throughout their years at CLU, every student will ring the bell once again while walking at graduation, and therefore it serves as a crucial part of the CLU experience.

The campus Starbucks was full of students striving to get their caffeine fix throughout the day as well as students taking the time to catch up with old and new friends. 

Some students wasted no time in hitting the books and getting into the school mindset, all while enjoying the beautiful summer weather that still lingers over campus. 

Students are greeted by welcome banners that serve to remind us that coming back to CLU really means coming home. 

Karie is currently a Senior at California Lutheran University. She is a Marketing Communications and TV/ Film Production major.When she's not busy working on content for Her Campus, Karie enjoys going to Disneyland, especially on Dapper Day, watching Sofia Coppola movies, and reading long novels at the beach.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!