This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Fall and winter is upon us, well as much as California weather will allow it. Everyone is looking forward to cooler temperatures, getting into the rhythm of the new school year and the quickly approaching holidays. No one can deny that this time of year makes us want to cuddle up at home and get into the spirit of the season. Many have forgotten the energy that the New Year brought us and the goals we set. We think, “It’s too late now”.

If you feel like you’re in a rut, this is your wake up call. Think of the things you want, the things that need to get done and plan it out. I think it’s easy to settle into a routine and be content with the bare minimum but we can’t ignore our full potential forever. These are some of the things that work for me, not promises but I believe in you:

1. Make a List

Don’t feel the pressure to be neat. Write every little thing down and organize it little by little. Lists help me see the progress I’m making and gives me the small bit of reassurance that things are slowly working themselves out.

2. Get Up

If you find yourself with some free time and all you’re doing is laying down, get up and take a walk. Even if all you do is walk around your room, your energy will go up and your blood will start pumping a bit faster.                                                                                                        Photo Courtesy of: subliming.jpg

3. Make plans and goals with a friend

Just like having a gym partner keeps you motivation and in check, having a goal buddy is just the same! Ask a close friend to keep up with your progress. Having a call or a meetup with a friend with the intention of sharing your progress, keeps you even more attainable to the things you set in motion and brings you and your friends closer.

4. Know the purpose in everything you do

It feels like we have forever but time is valuable in our busy lives. Do things with intention and purpose. Most importantly do things for yourself or because you want to.

Hit the reset button and make yourself proud.

Hi my name is Laura Reyes! I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and Psychology at Cal Lutheran.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!