This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Emily Rose Apcar-Blaszak

Hometown: Studio City, CA

Major: Communication Ad/PR

Year: Senior

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: What made you decide to come to Cal Lutheran? 

Emily Apcar: “I decided to commit to Cal Lutheran because of the availability of classes. I wanted to graduate in a timely manner and knew this wouldn’t happen at a UC or state school due to the impacted classes.” 

HCCLU: Did you transfer here or start here as a freshman?

EA: “I’m a transfer student. My freshmen year I went to Indiana University studying business at the Kelley School of Business, transferred to NC State for my Sophomore year to study exercise nutrition, then moved back to LA and found myself applying to Cal Lutheran.”

HCCLU: What is your favorite part about Cal Lutheran?

EA: “My favorite part about Cal Lutheran is the commitment and dedication of the professors. I feel like they truly care about my education and are willing and availabile to help me in any way I need.” 

HCCLU: What has been your favorite class at Cal Lutheran?

EA: “My favorite class has been Acting For the Camera with Ken Gardner. The class reminded me of “The Breakfast Club.” The eight of us all came from different backgrounds and hung out with different crowds but during that time we were all friends and shared endless laughs.” 

HCCLU: What are your plans for after graduation?

EA: “After graduation and a 21 unit semester, I plan to travel a bit during the summer. I currently have a full time job in real estate and enjoy it very much. My ultimate goal is to do PR for the Kings organization. I currently travel for them now and attend most of the home games. It’s a huge passion of mine so making it a career would be a dream come true” 

HCCLU: Is there any one person who has greatly influenced your life?

EA: “The person that has influenced my life the most is my mom. Her grace, kind heart, caring nature, and impeccable work ethic have molded me into the person I am today. All of my success thus far is because of my mom.”

All pictures have been provided by Emily Apcar-Blaszak.

Elaine Abarta

Cal Lutheran

Elaine is a Junior at California Lutheran University majoring in Communications. She is currently Publicity Director and Features Writer for Her Campus at Cal Lutheran. She loves planning events, singing, playing guitar, and spending time with her friends and family. 
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!