This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

We have all had that celebrity we have dreamed about meeting and eventually dating. Although there is usually a very slim chance of that happening, the hopes and fantasies continue. There are also those couples that we’re secretly rooting for. Knowing that you won’t actually be able to be with your celeb crush, you still want them to be with someone who genuinely makes them happy. In my case, my celeb crush just happens to be Drake. I’ve loved him from the beginning, through the Sprite commercials to now, when he’s dominating the music charts with his new album Views.

Although I have had and will always have a crush on him, I have always rooted for him and Rihanna to be a couple. He’s been in love with her for so long, and now that they ARE FINALLY DATING, all is right in the pop culture world. You could see how much he loved her, but she was dealing with all of the Chris Brown drama and it took her a while to realize Drake is the perfect guy for her. So, naturally they dated other people, but now they have made it back to each other! When Drake publicly proclaimed his love for her at the Video Music Awards and kissed her, that pretty much guaranteed their relationship.  There’s always been speculation around it, but it was never confirmed. The proclaimation, along with all of their music collaborations lately, guest appearances at concerts, and dancing videos you see on Twitter from their concerts, made all the fans very hopeful. 

Now they continue to show off their relationship. It started out with PDA then escalated to matching tattoos, and most recently Drake has rented out a getaway villa in Malibu for Rihanna and himself. Oh, and also in the midst of all of this, he went out and bought her a Billboard congratulating her. She replied by calling him “extra,” but we all know she loves the super sweet things he does for her. He’s the biggest sweetheart, and she deserves it. 

Even though I, along with millions of other girls, have the biggest crush on Drake, I couldn’t be any happier for him! They both deserve to be together, and they look absolutely in love with each other. I can’t wait to see them get married and have children. They’ll have the cutest babies with the best musical ability out there. Drizzy & RiRi forever <3

P.S. Drake if you somehow see this, I’ll be seeing you in concert on the 28th in Inglewood. ;)

Singing, writing, and photography are what I love to do.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!