This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

I went to Day N Night Fest two weekends ago, and it was absolutely the most fun I have had in a while. Being surrounded with good music, good food, and good people is all I ever need. It was the first festival I had gone to, so it was definitely a learning experience. At times I felt uncomfortable or wished that I knew better, so here are some of my tips for new festival go-ers. 

1) Make sure to stay hydrated throughout the entire day!

There were so many people who were intoxicated, and then passed out due to lack of hydration and malnutrition. The weather was extremely hot, which is usual for most music festivals, so please stay hydrated!

Day 2 at the Chance the Rapper set

2) Be Safe Around Mosh-pits

I had never been a part of a mosh-pit before, so I would definitely recommend staying away from them unless you join in on the ‘fun.’ Don’t just stand there and let people trample you and make it less fun for yourself.

3) See Everyone You Want to See!

I cannot stress this enough! You may have friends who don’t want to see the same people as you, but don’t let that stop you. Go venture off on your own and see every single artist you’re there for. Don’t be afraid of being alone- make every moment count. 

Day 2 at the SZA set

4) Leave Valuables at Home

It is so easy to lose things at a festival. Either stuff falls out of your bag, you drop it, or it is stolen. The only thing I would recommend bringing with you would be your phone, your ID, and a form of payment. Leave everything else at home and leave your car keys and wallet in your hotel, or wherever you’re staying. 

5) Enjoy Every Single Moment

Each day can be exhausting and even though the concerts and music give you energy, you might be wishing away time. You’ll want the set of your favorite artist to come faster, and then without realizing it you’re wishing away festival time. Towards the end of the day I would get so tired and I would wish it was time to go home. Then I would remind myself this is a once-in-a-lifetime music festival. Never will a festival have the exact same line-up as the one I was at. Musical festivals can range from 1-3 days, but be sure to love every second of it! I would go back to Day N Night Fest in a heartbeat if I could!

Day 2 at the Post Malone set

All photos provided by the author.

Singing, writing, and photography are what I love to do.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!