This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

One of my favorite things to listen to when I’m working, on a walk, or driving is a podcast. There are some really great ones out there, and it can be an easy way to learn about current events, history, or pop culture.  However, there’s also an enormous number of podcasts out there, it seems like everyone has one now. So, I’ll be sharing my favorites to listen to (not necessarily in order).

1.How I Built This

This is a podcast, in the hosts words, about “innovators, entrepreneurs, idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built.” Guy Raz, the host, has interviewed just about any company founder you could think of from Lululemon to Dippin’ Dots.  Raz interviews the company founders about how they built their company and the struggles they went through to get where they are. The stories are honest and always interesting.

Bristol listen podcast music entertainment bristol
Photo by Austin Distel from Unsplash

2.In Vogue: The 1990s

This podcast is run by editors at Vogue who take you through the fashion and culture of the 1990s. Each episode focuses on a different aspect of the era, a fashion brand like Prada, or how hip hop changed fashion. It’s easy to listen to while you’re doing other things and really interesting if you like fashion. 

3.Your Own Backyard

Here’s one for all the true crime junkies like me. This is about the disappearance (and likely murder) of Kristen Smart.  She was a student at Cal Poly San Louis Obispo in 1996 when she vanished from campus. The investigation still has not been solved, but there’s recently been some interesting developments in the case. 

CoWomen via Unsplash

While there is a countless number of podcasts out there, these are some of my tried and true ones that are always interesting.  The next time you’re on a walk or stuck in the car, try one of these!

Bari Cashman

Cal Lutheran '21

Bari Cashman is a student at California Lutheran University. She is currently pursuing a degree in Marketing Communications. She is an avid reader and writer.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!