This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

When it comes to embarrassing moments, don’t you wish that it never happened or that you could completely forget about it? Sadly, some things are not so easy to forget.

Don’t worry, you are not alone. We have all had our fair share of cringe worthy moments that make us just want to become nonexistent to the world. Although they can sometimes be very traumatic experiences, it happens to everyone.

Sit back, relax, and have a good laugh as you read CLU student’s most mortifying moments!

Photo courtesy of Mirror

Texting Trauma:

When the new update came out with the grey textbox above the keyboard for texting, I was so excited to try it out. Without thinking, I went to my messages and clicked on the last person I texted which happened to be a group chat with 2 very attractive seniors that I was working on a project with. I pressed whatever words popped up in that grey textbox and it just so happened to write “I love you.” As I was going for the delete button, I accidentally pressed send and one of them responded with “???” I tried to explain to them what happened but they still gave me skeptical looks.”

Too Heavy to Hike:

“Once over spring break, I was at a bonfire. I had a little too much fun if you know what I mean, and when it came time to leave, we all had to hike up this huge hill to get back to the car. It was super steep. Unfortunately, my friend offered to drive three people I had never met back to their dorm. As we starting hiking this hill, I suddenly stopped walking. It was like my legs would not move. When my friend asked what was wrong, I just muttered “my legs are too heavy.” They had to help me slowly walk up the hill. It was mortifying and every time I see those three people, I cant help but feel totally embarrassed.”

Drama in Theater:

“Once, I was in theater class and the dance class had to join us for the day since their teacher wasn’t there. It just so happened my sister was in the dance class. We played lots of fun and hilarious games. At one point, I laughed so hard I accidentally farted and the room became dead silent. All eyes were on me and then my sister and her friend started laughing hysterically. Then the whole class began to laugh, even the teacher! My face became so red and I just wanted to run away. They wouldn’t let me live down that moment for a very long time.”

Photo courtesy of Buhacoff

Beach Bummer:

“During break I was at the beach and decided to wear a fairly skimpy bathing suit so i could get the best tan possible. The tide was high and a huge wave crashed onto shore, flooding the area I was tanning at. I got up and went in the water to get the sand out of my bathing suit only to be greeted by another huge wave that came and pummeled down on me, leaving me to tumble in the water and sand. When I recovered, my top had completely come off and everyone at the beach saw me topless and get crushed by that wave. On top of that, all my belongings were soaked too.”

Gummy Butt:

“Being an education major involves a lot of presenting in front of my class. One morning, I spent all my time preparing for a huge presentation that day and did not have time to eat so before leaving home, I grabbed a bag of gummy bears to eat before I presented. As soon as I got to class, I busted open the bag and started scarfing down the gummy bears. While in the process, I must have dropped a couple onto my chair because when I got up to present, I had three of them stuck to my butt! Everyone was laughing and making comments. Luckily my class was rather small but they called me Gummy Butt for the rest of the semester.”

Party Puker:

“Once at a party I was a little too drunk and met a guy. We talked for about ten minutes and then I blurted “do you want to make out?!” He said “yeah sure, why not,” and as I was about to lean in I yelled “WAIT I have to throw up!” I left immediately and ran to the bathroom. Two weekends later, I saw him and ended up making out with him which was a plus but then found out I had strep throat later.”

All Tripped Up:

One time I was getting an award during an all school assembly and as I was walking to the stage, I guess my shoelace was untied and I stepped on it, tripping myself in the process. I fell on my hands and knees and I could hear everyone say “oooh!” real loudly. Some staff helped me up, I received my award and got off that stage as quickly as possible.”

Baseball Crusher:

“I was supporting my crush at his baseball game with my good friend and we were talking about how cute he looked in his uniform when the lady in front of us turned around and said “that is my son you two are talking about.” I could not tell if she was pleased or disappointed. Her face was unreadable. We immediately left the game.”

Yack Attack:

“One day at school I definitely didn’t feel well. I went to the clinic which was right next to my classroom and spent almost all day there until the nurse decided to call my parents. Right beside the clinic are the restrooms everyone uses and to the other side of the clinic are all the classrooms. Once my mom arrived around lunch time, we started walking towards the car. The halls were full of people. While walking, I began to feel so sick and realized that I needed to yack. I ran back towards the restroom only to find out that it was locked. I panicked, looking all around for a place to yack until I couldn’t hold it any longer and yacked all over the floor in front of everyone including my crush at the time. It was not pretty at all and I was so embarrassed and never wanted to go back or show my face at school.”

Mr. Good Looking’s Admirer:

I walked into Monte Carlo, and spotted a good looking, tall, blonde guy. I told my friend that I found him to be a fairly attractive human being. My friend decided to walk over to him to “put me on” with him. As I was standing there, my friend started to tell Mr. Good Looking that I was interested in him. As my friend continued to speak, Mr. Good Looking interrupted and said he had a girlfriend. The girlfriend turned around and introduced herself. After that I ran away and pretended that this whole embarrassing chain of events did not just happen. I told myself, ‘maybe better luck next time.'”

Dorky Vampire:

Halloween was my favorite holiday and I always went all out with my costumes. One year, I couldn’t decide between dressing up as a nerd or a vampire so I combined the two ideas and was a “dorky vampire”. It was Friday, the day before Halloween and I came to school with fake fangs, broken glasses, a black cape, and suspenders. I also had a full face of makeup on to make me pale. I was feeling really confident about my costume only to realize that I had dressed up on the wrong day. Since Halloween was on the weekend, the school had decided to have an “observed Halloween” on the Monday after. Literally no one else on campus had dressed up this Friday because it was the wrong day. I spent the rest of my day getting picked on and having a terrible time. I never dressed up for Halloween again.”

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!