Chris Reynolds-Baldwin ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Theater, hiking, and ‘me-time’ OH MY! This Campus Cutie is a Junior at Cal Lu, and you may have spotted him in a recent theater production… Meet Chris Reynolds-Baldwin!

Name: Chris Reynolds-Baldwin

Year: 2017

Major: Theater

Minor: Multimedia

Hometown: San Bernardino County (like Redlands-ish)

Height: 5’13” (just joking, I’m roughly 6’0”)

Relationship: It’s complicated

Favorite Book: Catcher in the Rye or Into the Wild

Favorite Food: That’s a tough one… Pizza?

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: So how did you get started in theater?

Chris Reynolds-Baldwin: Well I was a little bit of an outcast in high school, and it was a place that took me in. It was fun then, and I decided to continue it in college as well!

HC: What has been your favorite production that you’ve acted in?

CRB: This past production, “Under Fire,” has been pretty meaningful. But my favorite… probably a play called “Guys and Dolls” in high school.

HC: Describe some of the emotions you felt while you were on stage, either in “Guys and Dolls” or “Under Fire?”

CRB: Alive. Purposeful (is that even a word?). Connected to everyone else on stage.

HC: You mentioned that you are a transfer student. How did you end up at Cal Lutheran?

CRB: I came from a camp, like a Christian or Bible camp, and I lived there for four years. A lot of my friends who had already graduated worked there at the camp, and they had gone to Cal Lu. So they came up to the camp and I was just always down here visiting friends frequently, and it just seemed like the right place to transfer to!

HC: How would you describe this semester in one word?

CRB: BUSY.

HC: How so?

CRB: There’s always something to do, and there’s always something that needs to be accomplished. There’s just so much going on, like so many different projects specifically in theater, and there’s just a lot of things students can get involved in. Just a constant something.

HC: Do you prefer to stay busy, or is it something that you don’t particularly like?

CRB: Yeah, you know I prefer to be busy. There’s a time where it gets too much, but I’m always able to put my head on the pillow feeling like something was accomplished.

HC: Now how do you make time for yourself, or stay calm amidst the stress and busyness?

CRB: Just doing things that are specifically for ‘me time,’ you know like hiking with friends or, if I get the chance, exercise or something. For the most part, finding some sort of way that is time to spend on myself.

HC: So you act and hike, but what are some other things you like to do for fun?

CRB: Let’s see… go see a movie with friends, walk the dog maybe… I guess just hanging with friends and watching TV!

o s

Bowdoin '17

*
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!