etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Binge-Worthy Series to Watch this Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With so many different types of movie and show streaming options, there is never a dull moment when looking for some form of Hollywood entertainment. However, with so many options to choose from, sometimes it feels like there are too many choices and you find yourself scrolling through Netflix for hours, not being able to settle on something that captures your attention. This spring break I wanted to be able to make the list ahead of time, with some new releases and some classic favorites. Now when you are in the mood to watch something and don’t know what, this list will hopefully help you decide.

Photo courtesy of pixbay.com 

1. The Act (Hulu) Season 1 released March 20th

The true crime story of Dee Dee Blanchard, a mother accused of fabricating her child’s illnesses and her daughter Gypsy, who was put on trial for her Mother’s murder. Set to premiere right before Spring break, it is the perfect new release to watch with some vacation time.

2. Black Mirror (Netflix) Seasons 1-4 already released

This hugely popular science fiction series explores modern day problems, mostly dealing with evolving society and technology. Each episode has its own twisted, creepy version of reality and it will have you sitting on the edge of your seat all series long.

3. Umbrella Academy (Netflix) Season 1 released Feb. 15th

Described as a dysfunctional family of superheroes, these estranged siblings reunite after their father’s death. Based on a series of comics, this Netflix original is the perfect blend of superhero action, mystery, and family drama.

4. Game of Thrones (HBO and Prime video) Season 1-8 released, Season 9 premieres April 14th

This wildly popular fantasy series has been around for a few years now, and if you haven’t started watching, spring break is the perfect time. With an intense storyline and a complex array of characters, this series is so compelling it is no wonder that it is one of the most binge-watched series ever.

5. On My Block (Netflix) Season 1 currently streaming, Season 2 releases March 30th

A group of friends from inner city Los Angeles explore the hardships of being a teenager, all while trying to navigate the added stresses of growing up in a dangerous neighborhood. This coming-of-age series offers the perfect blend of friendship, drama, and romance.

6. Fyre Festival (Netflix and Hulu)

This documentary is not a series, but if you are a fan of non fiction work, this is a must watch. The story of the Fyre Festival has been released on two of the largest streaming platforms, both centering the documentaries around the famed disaster of a luxury festival, and how it was highly publicized by social media influencers. It explores the roles of these influencers in the festival, the scamming of millions from high paying customers, and interviews.  

Whatever your interests are, there is some new series out there to become your new obsession. This spring break, take some time to experiment and maybe watch something that you think you may not enjoy, you may surprise yourself! With plenty of options, you are sure to find something that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat, or making you laugh all series long.

Natalie Mansergh

Cal Lutheran '21

Natalie is an environmental science major and is an aspiring marine researcher. She loves water sports, hanging out with her friends, and reading good books.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!