An Aid to Christmas Shopping for Your Friends

I don’t know about you, but I always have the most difficult time finding the perfect gift for my best friends; either I can’t think of anything, the item is too expensive, or not personal enough. In the Black Friday mood, I began thinking about what I should get my closest friends. After some deep thought and research, I was able to compose a list that could cover all levels of friendship.1. Scrapbook

This is my personal favorite and is obviously for a very dear friend. Even though it requires a lot of time and energy, I think it is the most rewarding. It’s really heartwarming to look back at all the pictures of you and your best friend, all the experiences you have had, all the memories you have made together and compile them all into one album. Then you can personalize and add all the stickers you please. It’s a great way to document your friendship and your personalities. The best part is that you don’t have to fill the album. You can even leave half the album empty - in aspiration for all of your future adventures together. A scrapbook is an everlasting gift, in 10 years you will look back at the album and reminisce all the great moments together.

2. Personal engraved friendship bracelets

Personal engraved bracelets can get pretty pricey but after hours of research, I found that Etsy had the best quality friendship bracelets for the cheapest price. Another possibility is to get friendship water bottles. I recently got my best friend a matching hydro flask and she really enjoys it. Nothing says you love your best friend more than a water bottle. It shows a genuine concern for her health and well being. Water bottles are really practical and will be used on a daily basis. Not only that, but they can also be really stylish!

3. Anything from Bath & Body Works

Let’s face it, Bath & Body Works speaks to us all. They cover a wide range of personalities from their Eucalyptus Mint to their Cinnamon Caramel Swirl. Point being that no matter who your friend is, you can always rely on Bath & Body Works to supply an excellent gift.

4. Purse/Wallet

We all know how difficult it is to only have one purse (especially in college). A purse or a wallet is a nice gesture that shows you care about your friends organization. They are also a wonderful way to express a sense of fashion, a great way to look cute!5. Gift Card

You can never go wrong with a gift card. Whether it is a gift card to Chipotle or Sephora, your friend will be glad to receive it. However, as an added touch, I recommend being a little more personalized with the gift cards. For example, one of my closest friends is a bookworm and although I could easily get her a gift card to Sephora, I know a gift card to Barnes & Noble will mean more to her.

It can be really difficult deciding what to get your friends for Christmas. Especially your best friends, you want to get them something meaningful but also something they could use often. This list definitely helped me and I hope it helps you as well.