This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

If you are frequently on the go, it is hard to find ways to make time to enjoy your hobbies or learn new things. If you relate to the previous statement, podcasts may be amazing for you. It’s easy to listen to podcasts on your commute, at work (if you are able), while working on homework or projects, or even while cleaning. Podcasts are great to listen to instead of music, if you are looking to learn something new or more about a subject you already know about, listen to someone’s life experiences and/or opinions, or for wellness. There is an array of podcast subjects and listening options in general.

To start, let’s discuss ways to find podcasts that may be interesting for you. I like to start by searching for subjects that interest me. I then read through articles that look, list, and describe podcasts, and then start listening to the ones that seem interesting. I’m picky about which podcasts I listen to, so it does take me a little while to find one I will enjoy. Another way to find new podcasts is by searching by topic on the website or app that you prefer to listen to podcasts on. Some platforms include Apple Music, Spotify, Audible, Google Podcasts, and more!

Some subjects to look up include learning a language (yes, you can learn a new language through a podcast!), deepening your understanding of a hobby or passion, recaps of tv shows or movies, and wellness. Some even have meditations and emphasize making time for yourself. Most of the podcasts that I listen to are about fashion because that is what I love and enjoy learning more about. My favorite podcast for fashion content recently has been DressHer. I love the subjects that are discussed and the fact that I learn something new each time I listen. Some others that I enjoy include Crying in Public, A Mindful Life with Rowena Tsai, Bande à Part, and Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain. These are great for me to listen to during my commute and work since they have nice background noise and help me learn something new. I hope that you found this helpful, and happy listening!

Madison Lucas

Cal Lutheran '22

I'm a Senior at California Lutheran University. My major is business management, and I love fashion.