9 Reasons You Can’t Miss the Homecoming Carnival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Saturday night (that’s October 10th) from 7pm-11pm is the annual Homecoming Carnival, and you will not want to skip this fun-packed evening! Here are 9 good reasons that Mt. Clef Stadium will be the place to be this Saturday night:

1. Perfect Follow-Up to the Beginning of Homecoming

By Saturday Night, the Big Game, Monte Carlo, and Homecoming 5K will have just happened, so everyone will be pumped full of school spirit and want a way to embrace it!

2. Food Trucks

If there’s one thing that any college student likes, it’s free food! Hang 10 Taco Truck, Sweet Arleen’s Cupcakes, and Shave-It will all be here serving up delectable morsels for us.

3. Unlimited Kettle Corn

Pop Gram Kettle Corn will be serving up some poppin’ free snackage for everyone all night long.

4. Carnival Games and Rides!

Challenge your friends to Human Bowling or the inflatable obstacle course! If you want to catch some air, the Kite Flyer ride is calling you (or you could enjoy the view from the top of the Velcro Wall).

5. Live Musical Entertainment

Get ready to groove to the tunes brought to you by talented student musicians and DJs!

6. Student Dance Performances

Even if you have two left feet, you can enjoy the energizing performances that will be brought to you by the Dance Team, DMC, and more! (And, yeah, that’s me in the pink tank top performing at last year’s Carnival.)

7. Pie an RA (and other tables!)

A handful of school organizations will have tables at the Carnival with games and goodies galore! Among these will be the Resident Life “Pie an RA” table and the Her Campus table. Come check us out and get your picture taken at the…

8. Photo Booth

You’ll have the chance to take picture’s at ASCLUG’s photo booth or the Her Campus Photo Station. Make sure you have something to remember this awesome night by! Also make sure to stop by the Her Campus Photo Station for a chance to win an awesome Back to School Survival Kit!

9. The People

Homecoming brings the entire CLU community together. Students, Faculty, and Alumni all bring their families and celebrate the amazing school we know and love. We’ll be there, and we hope that you will too!

A special thanks to Andres Elvira for his help with this article and for helping put on this event that we are all looking forward to so much!

Kyle Mueting

Cal Lutheran

Student, activist, and cereal enthusiast. This is Kyle's first semester writing for Her Campus.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!