This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

DIY Crafts

Put your creative thinking caps on and make crafts for your dorm or friends with whatever supplies you have available. (If you are lucky, maybe you can use some from the art building!)

Group Dinner

Image courtesy of Springtime Restaurant Week

Have everyone pitch in a couple of bucks, go to the grocery store, and pick up ingredients to prepare a delicious meal with good company.

Classic Movie Night (or day)

On slips of paper, write out as many movie genres or favorite actors and actresses as you can, put it in a jar, and choose one slip randomly. If you choose a genre, decide on a movie from that specific genre. If you choose an actor or actress, pick a movie with that person in it.

Use Your Gift Certificates

Find all of your old gift certificates or gift cards and don’t let them go to waste! Head out with your friends to the nearest restaurant or shopping mall and enjoy.

Spa Day

Image courtesy of Hotel Blue

Have a spa day in your room. Search online for homemade facials, scrubs, and exfoliators, and just sit back and relax.

Volunteer

Get a group of people together and look for local opportunities to give back to your community and volunteer.

Chase the Sun

Image courtesy of Gc Flight

Watch the sun rise and set in a location you have never been to before.

Have a Meetup

Use the website meetup.com to connect with like-minded people and find a group that interests you. Don’t worry, this is not a dating site. You simply search for any group, whether it be hiking, sports team fans, or a book club, and you meet with them and do what you enjoy.

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!