8 Reasons Why Fall is the BEST Season of Them All; Because You’re Lying to Yourself if You Say You Hate Sweater Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

While summer may be over, fall is just getting started! While we’re always a bit sad to say goodbye to the warm weather, there is a definite reason to celebrate the start of cooler weather. From pumpkin spice lattes, to carving pumpkins, to the newest fall fashion trends, fall is a force to be reckoned with. I’ve picked eight definitive reasons why fall is the best season of them all. So grab a blanket and a cozy spot by the fire, because before you know it, winter will be here, and cold foggy nights will soon take over so enjoy and take advantage of the fall season before it’s long gone. 

1. The food is amazing!Pies start taking over the kitchen counter during the fall. Also, who could forget that you can get pumpkin spice in everything? Stop by your local Trader Joe’s for some delicious pumpkin treats, they have a seemingly endless selection that accommodates a variety of dietary restrictions. When you’re done, you can grab some nice scented candles and lotion to curl up by the fire with, and don’t forget to go to your local coffee shop and treat yourself to a pumpkin spice latte!

2. The Weather Is PerfectWhile summer can get brutally hot and winter pretty frigid, fall is the perfect intermediate! In the fall, it’s not freezing but you still manage to get a nice cool breeze and the crisp autumn air–perfect for admiring the change in leaves or any outdoor activities.  Take advantage of the perfect weather and get outdoors!

3. The Pumpkin PatchRemember when you were a kid and your class went as a group to visit the pumpkin patch? Well since fall is here, it’s the perfect time to visit your local farm to go pick out the perfect pumpkin. Once you’ve got the perfect, orange pumpkin, you’re ready to get into some more fall festivities. Grab a group of friends, and you can start carving matching faces, bake some pies, enjoy some pumpkin-flavored treats and just have lots of fun.

4. Fall Fashion Is The Best

Cooler weather means comfier clothes, and new trends emerging.  From finally being able to wear your favorite pair of boots, to it finally getting cool enough for sweater weather, fall and cooler weather mean that it’s time to break out all your favorite cardigans, scarfs, beanies, and berets. Fall fashion is definitely the best.

5. Disney

Disneyland in the fall is the best time of the year to visit. While some will argue Christmas is the best, Halloween is definitely where it’s at! Disneyland is nothing short of magical this time of year and the lines are almost always shorter than during the Christmas season. Get your passes early before they sell out!!

6. Football season

The closer we get to fall, the closer we get to the time of year where Friday night football games are a thing. Get ready to support your University’s colors and spirit gear!

7. Classic Halloween films are on tv

Hocus Pocus, as well as other classic fall movies, will begin playing on your favorite cable networks. Oh, the nostalgia we get every time one of our favorite films is on!

8. Halloween and Thanksgiving break

Christmas gets a lot of hype, but when it comes down to it, both Halloween and Thanksgiving are two pretty awesome holidays. Halloween is the only night that we can dress up as anything we want and not be told that we’re too old or too weird to do so. Meanwhile, Thanksgiving break pretty much revolves around tasty food!  We get to eat endless food and spend great quality time with the family, the perfect remedy to that end of semester slump college students know all too well!

Cheers to the best season …Fall!!!

All images courtesy of Photopin.com and 24.media.tumblr.com

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!