Amelia Kramer-Girl Wearing Glasses Sipping Coffee
Amelia Kramer / Her Campus

3 Must-Try Fall Coffee Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Now that we are finally getting colder weather, it is time to break out all the fall recipes! Since quarantine started, I have been experimenting with various coffee recipes, and now that we are in October, it is time to bring out all the fall flavors such as maple and pumpkin spice. Since many of us have midterms this week, I figured we could all use some new coffee recipes to get us through our exams. Here are a few latte variations I have been making recently :)

Katie Drazdauskaite
Katie Drazdauskaite / Unsplash

One of my favorite fall flavors is maple, so I was so excited when Trader Joe’s released their maple k-cups this fall! This recipe can be made hot or iced and is currently my favorite drink to make! 

Maple Vanilla Iced Latte

• 6 oz. Chilled iced maple coffee (k-cups)
  • Ice

• 6 oz. Milk (any kind)

• Vanilla extract 1 tsp

Put the ice in a glass and then pour in the rest of the ingredients for iced coffee or without ice for hot coffee! 

Latte Art Coffee
Alex Frank / Spoon

This is another variation where the honey is mixed in with the milk before it is mixed with the coffee. My friend actually gave me this recipe and I’m so thankful to her for this because I love the mix of sweetness and spice with the honey and cinnamon mixed together. 

Honey Cinnamon Latte

• 6 oz. Coffee

• 6 oz. Milk with honey 1-2 tsp

• Cinnamon ¼ tsp

Mix all ingredients together and then pour over ice for iced coffee!

The most classic fall flavor is pumpkin spice! I typically add vanilla extract to my pumpkin spice lattes because I love vanilla. This version is super easy because it only requires pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. 

Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Latte

• 6 oz. Coffee hot or cold

• 6 oz. Milk

• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract 

• 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Mix all the ingredients together and pour over ice if making iced coffee! 

hcxo.shop

All of these recipes are super versatile and can be made with lots of different ingredient substitutions and combinations. They can also be made with any kind of milk and can easily be made vegan! I personally use oat milk in all my coffee recipes but these recipes work with any kind of milk. Quarantine is the perfect time to try new things and develop new recipes so I encourage everyone to have fun and be creative while staying caffeinated and powering through the rest of the semester!

Anna Henson

Cal Lutheran '23

Hi! My name is Anna Henson and I am a junior history pedagogy major at California Lutheran University. I love all types of writing including research for my major and fun opinion articles! I am pursuing a teaching credential to help students develop their writing and thinking skills to express themselves clearly and creatively. I also love iced coffee, Tiktok, and the color pink!
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!