20 times Alice in Wonderland described Freshman Year of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

1.     Throughout your first two semesters always put your best foot forward and were eager to please everyone

2.     You laughed so hard you cried with your friends 

3.     You tried new things

4.     Adjusting to your new school wasn’t always easy

5.     You definitely used your meal plan to the fullest 

When in dobut get dessert 

6.     You learned assigned reading in college is just as boring as it was in high school 

7.     You always found a reason to celebrate

8.     You fell behind in one of your classes because you didn’t read the syllabus

There was a dicussion board due EVERY week?!

9.     During break you and your high school friends couldn’t stop talking about all your college adventures 

10.  Your mom wasn’t there to wake you up in the morning, so when you hit snooze 4 times you were late

11.  Your professor didn’t know your name…or if you were even in the class 

12. Even though your professor didn’t know your name, he defintely knew whether or not you did the reading  

13.  Living in the dorms was an adjustment, especially when you woke up in the middle of the night to fire drills, door slamming, and screaming.

14.   You forgot what day your research paper was due

15.  You spent hours in the library

16.  You realized that if you spent half the time you did panicking you could have already finished your essay

17.  College became your second home

18.   You were never bored because there was always something to do or someone to hang out with 

19.     Adults always ask about your major and life plan but you’re still clueless 

I’m only a freshman!

20. You wish you could go back and do it all over again

Deirdre Durkan

Cal Lutheran

An aspiring journalist, majoring in English at Loyola Marymount University. 
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!