10 Reasons Why Cal Lutheran is Great

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Cal Lutheran, nestled in the heart of the lovely Thousand Oaks has a lot to offer. Being a small university, of course there are many perks including professors getting to know your name, having small class sizes, and having more hands on learning opportunities, but not many people truly understand what value a small school has unless they go to one. Cal Lu is full of wonderful students, staff, and faculty members that help to make this university very special. Here is why:

Everyone is so welcoming.

They try to get to know you and make you feel comfortable.

You’re bound to see many familiar faces while walking to class.

There is no way you won’t see someone you know while walking on campus.

The professors truly care about your well being.

They all want to see their students thrive and will make an effort to facilitate that.

CLU is a liberal arts school so if you don’t know what you want to do, you can take various classes to figure it out.

Ever wanted to explore the field of English? How about Business? Your options are endless my friend.

It’s in a great location between Santa Barbara and LA and close to Malibu and the amusement parks.

Take a break from school and head to State Street, find some new restaurants, go to the beach, or stop at the happiest place on earth!

They cater to your needs.

If you have a special dietary need or certain accommodations, speak to faculty and staff members and they will be more than happy to help.

It’s easy to be involved.

With many clubs and sports teams to join, you have the opportunity to have FUN and become even closer with the CLU family.

They make an effort to provide students with events and activities.

Remember Monte Carlo, the Sage concert, or any of the numerous school bashes thrown on campus? Thanks to CLU there will be much more of that to come.

It’s a beautiful campus.

You have to admit it is pretty nice.

There is a great sense of community.

Everyone at this school is very close and supportive of one another. Since it is smaller, more long lasting friendships and relationships can be built over your 4 or more years here.

There is so much more to Cal Lutheran than these 10 reasons. For those of you who have just finished their freshman year or were wavering between attending this school vs another, aren’t you glad you ended up where you are? In the years to come, your attachment to this school will only grow stronger because of everyone that makes it what it is and you will want to cherish every moment of it.

Images courtesy of California Lutheran University abd Study USA

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!