This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

If you’re anything like me then you absolutely hate any temperature below 60 degrees and the sight of snow annoys you more than the childlike joy it brings others. Surviving the winter months is fueled by the promise of wearing flip-flops and sun dresses once more when spring finally arrives. Until that glorious day comes here are some things you can do while you wait.

Drink Hot Beverages

Having some tea, hot chocolate or coffee to sip on as you make your way across campus will help keep you warm from the inside out as well as keep your hands toasty.

Avoid Cold Meals

If you are cold from the weather, why are you making yourself cold from what you eat? Soup is a popular winter meal. As long as it’s hot, your body will be happy and you will be happy.

Take Hot Showers

My personal favorite thing to do is blast music while standing under the hot water as I put off getting out to take the cold walk back to my room. But those blissful extra minutes spent in the steam are always wonderful.

Take Care of Your Skin

Especially after a shower, it is important to moisturize your skin. After you shave it is even more important because the razor removes the dead skin cells on your body. Dry skin against the cold, harsh winds of winter can cause pain and cracking of your skin.

Prevent Chapped Lips

Using a lip balm throughout the day will prevent chapping and cracking. Applying a layer before bed will decrease the chances of your lips cracking in the middle of the night.

Have a Good Playlist

Driving in the winter can be dangerous and traffic crawls more often when the roads are covered in ice and snow or if there has been an accident. Longer drives can be made more bearable with your favorite songs.

Wear Comfy Clothes

Dressing up and looking cute always seems to require more effort in the winter than in any other season. When the snow falls and the icy wind blows, a hoodie and sweatpants become a girl’s best friend. Unless you’re going to a special occasion then function over fashion should be your rule.

Have a Beach Party

Pretend to be in Hawaii! Drink out of a coconut and play happy music. Lounge around in your bathing suit, dance and play limbo with your friends.

Avoid the Common Cold

Everyone is most vulnerable to get sick in the winter. Taking vitamins, washing your hands and even going to the gym to sweat out toxins are all good preventative measures to take before the misery of a cold hits you, or worse, the flu.

Think About Your Next Beach Trip

Spring break will be here before you know it and knowing exactly where you want to go will help you forget about the dreary forecast. The excitement of sand between your toes and sun on your skin will help time pass quickly.

Sophomore Digital Communications and Social Media major at Cabrini College. I am involved in LOQtion video news and I am a staff writer for the Loquitur. @ashley_sierzega
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.