5 Signs You Are Becoming More Adult Than You Think

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

1. Making your own doctor’s appointments

…Or any appointments for that matter. You have now passed the phase of asking your mom to make that phone call and now dread making it on your own. Now you are thinking, “So what if you miss that check up with your dentist? At least you get out of making an appointment for yourself.”

2. You think naps are the best invention, ever  

Remember the days of preschool when most of us hated nap time? We now cherish it and wish we had time for more of them.

3. Social media becomes a job rather than a hobby

Your job title may have “social media” in it and with that comes more than just tweeting what you ate for lunch that day. Those funny posts about your dog become a marketing strategy for the new company you are working for.

4. You occasionally see people from high school either getting married or having kids

The worst part is, you feel nowhere near ready to do either of those things. You may even think, “Are we really even old enough for this yet? I still want to stay out until 2 a.m. with my friends and drink.”

5. You can no longer fully relate to kids in middle school and high school

You are slowly feeling out of the loop of what is becoming trendy and what is in and out. You can’t even imagine being in high school after going through college.

To all my fellow adults, enjoy life and be happy you are no longer in the awkward phase of braces and random growth spurts.

Alexa is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication. When she is not defending her north jersey roots, she is a co anchoring for the Cabrini Lifestyles show. She is very outgoing and loves spending time with family and friends. She hopes to one day work in the marketing or public relations field. Nordstrom obsessed. Avid mermaid believer.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.