This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Christmas time is here and it’s time to get our Martha Stewart on and bake up a storm! If you’re anything like me then you might not be one to cook much but once it gets close to Christmas you can’t help but bake some holiday goodies. There are so many fun and easy holiday recipes that will make your guests think you spent way more time than you actually did. I’m a big dessert person so I’m going to give you my go to favorite dessert recipes for this holiday season!

Tiramasou Chocolate Mousse

Photo from All Recipes.

That’s right you read this correctly tiramasou and choclate together what more could you need.   Here’s what you need:

Ingredients: 

• 36 chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
  • 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
  • 3 tablespoons brewed espresso
  •  1 tablespoon rum (cold)
  •  ⅓ cup boiling water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ⅔ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 2 cups cold whipping cream
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces marscapone cheese
  • 4 tablespoons powdered sugar

Crush cookies in a bag and set aside.  Mix cold espresso and rum in a small bowl. Mix in gelatin and let stand for 2 minutes. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl.  Add whipping cream and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until stiff.  Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended. Add ½-inch layers of crushed cookies to dessert dishes, then scoop mousse into dishes and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  While mousse is chilling, whip cream in a cold bowl until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and powdered sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Scoop a dollop of whipped cream on top of the mousse and sprinkle with extra cocoa powder.

Marshmallow Shot Glasses with S’mores Vodka 

Photo from Delish.

This is the best dessert drink for the Holidays that will be a hit with family, friends and whoever else your parents decide to invite over.  Here’s how to make it:

Ingredients: 

• 1-2 cups vodka
  • 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
  • Large marshmallows
  • Chocolate chips
  • Skewer

In a bottle add graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.  Top the bottle with vodka and let it set for at least a day.  Strain the vodka mixture–you can serve as is or chilled.  For the shot glass, stick a skewer into a large marshmallow.  Using the flame of a blow torch or your stove heat the marshmallow from the bottom moving around to the sides. Once the marshmallow has toasted, gently remove its middle by pulling out the skewer.  Once marshmallow has cooled, seal inside with melted chocolate chips and fill with the s’mores vodka.  

These dishes are sure to be a hit with your friends and family, and will become holiday stapes in your home for years to come.  Happy baking, collegiettes!

Madeleine Sanders is currently a sophmore at the College of Charleston. She is an Arts Management major and in her free time can be found looking at pictures of puppies or spending hours in Sephora. Besides being involved with Her Campus, Madeleine is also a part of Phi Mu. She can't wait to see what college has in store for her and to help other collegiettes with their college experience as well.