This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Since we are now coming to the end of September (crazy) and approaching the month of October, I thought I would round up all of my favorite things that I have been enjoying or have worn over 15 times this month. Sometimes it’s the small things in life that can bring you so much joy!

My LED Lights 

A more recent purchase I made for my apartment, I love these! I can adjust all the light settings right from my phone. There are so many color and brightness options as well! I can change the mood from work mode to relax mode real quick. It was a necessity especially since my bedroom came with 0 lights. You can find the ones I got here.

Blue Light Glasses

I know I have mentioned these in one of my previous articles, but I have really been noticing a difference! I wear them practically all day when I’m doing my school work and attending zoom classes. I experience fewer headaches from staring at the screen and feel less strain on my eyes. Although I highly recommend still taking screen breaks throughout the day, these definitely take the edge off the feeling that comes with staring at the laptop for hours. I got mine here.

Fav Gold Necklace

If you’ve ever seen me around campus this month, I’ve most likely had this on. It’s so simple and goes with everything. It looks good by itself but is also the perfect piece to layer with. Although I have a special place in my heart for forever21 jewelry, I got tired of them turning my neck green. So I invested in this one. And needless to say, I have 0 regrets. The necklace is here.

Pink Sweatpants

I have to admit since my classes are all online, I haven’t really had the urge to put a pair of jeans on in months… but on the days when I wanna stay comfy and look cute, these are my go-to. It’s the best of both worlds, you can go out in these and nap in them. I found mine here, but I’ve seen so many cute lounge sets in a variety of places. 

Essential Oil Diffuser 

I have currently been loving my diffuser. It gives my room such a nice scent and is aesthetically calming to look at. This one changes colors which is a bonus. I usually put in orange essential oil during the day, which is said to help with anxiety and help to energize. And lavender in the evenings to wind down, which promotes calmness and relaxation. Obsessed! Similar one linked here.

Selling Sunset

This Netflix reality show is set in Los Angeles and focuses on elite real estate brokers. It offers a little bit of everything: a peek into luxurious lifestyles, stunning multimillion-dollar homes, and of course… drama. This series drew me in right away and I may or may not have binged the whole thing in less than 2 weeks.

Self Care App

Last but certainly not least, an app I recently discovered called Shine. Shine is a women-owned app whose goals are to make self-care accessible to everyone. One of their main objectives is to fight for the mental health of marginalized communities. They provide free meditations on their app, places to check in with your moods and express gratitude, premium upgrades, and so much more. It has really helped me to stay grounded day to day when things feel stressful or overwhelming. You can read more about it here.

Those are some of my favorite things that have really helped me through this month. Even the smallest things can make the biggest difference in your day and mood. Whether your favorite things include fashion, beauty, fitness, or binging reality shows, I hope you all can find something small to smile about even in the most trying times. 

Hi, my name is Samantha! I am a senior here at the College of Charleston and am majoring in psychology. My interests include music, beauty, fitness, good food, and the city of Charleston!