A Kitchen Is Better Than a Meal Plan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

I don’t know about you, but by the second day of school last year, I was tired of my all-access meal plan. How is it possible that endless options taste so bland? As the year went on, the quality of the food became worse and worse. Or maybe my tastebuds died from eating at the same place every day. Not even the new dining hall, Marty’s Place, could save me from culinary boredom. So this year I ditched my all-acess pass to mediocity and traded that in for a communal kitchen. To be honest, it’s not great. I have to share pots and pans with a whole floor that seems hell-bent on stealing my whole milk. But it gives me the freedom to choose my meals. It’s great for dieting, but I personally love the freedom of being able to make pasta whenever I want.

Check out this pizza!

I made that!

It’s not up to Gordon Ramsay’s standards or anything, but I made food! Real, homemade food!

Good luck in the kitchen, collegiettes.

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

A Political Science and International Studies double major with a minor in Midddle East studies at College of Charleston.