samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Survive the Sleepy Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Ah, fall! After a long hot summer, many of us are excited to finally welcome sweater weather. Nothing makes the heart happier than a cold day spent snuggled up in bed with Netflix and an endless snack supply. While this is so, along with the falling temperature could come a fall in motivation. It is all too easy to disregard the responsibilities and opt for the much more enjoyable nap, and the dreary fall weather makes this too tempting. But neglecting to keep up with school work and other obligations can cause extreme stress in the long run! If you too suffer from the effects of the sleepy season, here are a few things that could help keep you on track!

1. Make a good environment.

A happy mind is a functional mind. If you need to get work done, go to a place where you’re comfortable and focused. If you need music to keep you motivated, turn up the tunes! If you need complete and total silence, go to your local library. Everyone works better in different environments, so find the one that is best for you!

1. Stay organized!

If you want to avoid the panic of not being able to find that important paper, or trying to remember when that assignment is due, do yourself a favor and stay organized! Write important information down and keep it in a place that is accessible, like a planner! Also, keeping your essentials all in one place so they’re easy to spot avoids the stress of having to search for them last minute. The less unnecessary stress the better!

Image Source

1. Reward yourself!

Set goals, and be proud of yourself for achieving them! Regardless of if a goal is big or small, there is no better feeling than the feeling of accomplishment. Having something to work towards is crucial in keeping motivated. So get yourself your favorite venti-starbucks drink after doing that assignment you really did not want to do, because you did it! And that is something to celebrate!

1. Find your balance!

So unfortunately, you can’t hide under the covers all day long, but you should for part of it! Contrary to how you may feel at times, it is okay to take a break! Constantly working is exhausting, mentally and physically, and trying to do everything at once is overwhelming and often discouraging. Remember to take a mental break, collect yourself, and then get back to work with a positive mindset!

1. Remember – what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!

It’s no secret that life gets stressful. Sometimes, things just add up beyond control, and it can feel like success is unattainable. Spoiler alert: YOU CAN DO IT! One way or another, everything works out. Even if the situation is not ideal, it serves as a learning experience. Maybe the next time, handling a similar situation will be easier. So, take that stress, channel it into achieving success, and learn from the outcome!

A future historian who has a love of all things pink, a serious coffee addiction, and a passion to spread self-love.