This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

With all the changes that have happened over the past few weeks, we have all had to make a lot of adjustments as college students. One thing that I am personally struggling with is learning how to stay productive at home. Home is usually the place I go to relax and forget about all my studies that consume me on campus. But now with all of our classes moved to an online format, the adjustment is definitely challenging. So here are some things I have been implementing into my daily schedule to stay productive during these ‘stuck at home’ times.

Wake Up Earlier

If you’re staying up till 2 am every night and sleeping in till noon, you’re most likely going to be less motivated the rest of the day. So do yourself a favor and get back on the ‘relatively’ normal sleeping schedule you had at school. Try getting up every weekday at the times your classes normally are. This way your brain and body will start to learn that during certain hours your focus needs to be on your goals for the day.

Dress for the Day

I’ve noticed if I stay in the pajamas I woke up in all day, I feel less productive and more likely to crawl back into bed. So when you wake up, put some fresh clothes on (even if they are just new PJs). Put makeup on if you’re feelin’ it, or just freshen up your beautiful self. You’ll feel more ready and prepared to tackle the day and all the things on your to-do list.

Make a List

Just because schools out physically doesn’t mean you should stop using that planner. Every morning write down all of the things you have to get done that day. There’s something so satisfying about crossing off all your things off that list.

Set the Mood

I don’t know about you, but the environment I’m in is crucial to how much work I get done. That’s why the library was one of my go-to spots at school. It forced me to work and set aside distractions. You are probably less likely to be productive in say, your bed, or super comfy bean bag chair, than a desk or another place you set aside as your work zone. So find a quiet space, light some candles, put on a study Spotify playlist, and get to it!

Give Yourself Breaks

Staring at a computer screen can really take a toll on you and your eyes. So make sure to take a break every so often. Go outside for a little bit, take a walk, or do a quick 10-minute meditation. Do something to make you feel refreshed, centered, and ready for the rest of the tasks you have to complete.

There is comfort in knowing that we are all going through the same thing and are in this together. It is an adjustment for everyone, and no matter how difficult it may feel now, we will get through this. So until then, don’t get discouraged. Change is never comfortable, but sometimes it is necessary. Make the changes needed in your daily routine to get all of your tasks completed and A’s in all of your classes. You got this girl!

Hi, my name is Samantha! I am a senior here at the College of Charleston and am majoring in psychology. My interests include music, beauty, fitness, good food, and the city of Charleston!