Wellness

To the Girl Who’s Struggling with End of the Semester Anxiety

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

As the semester is coming to a close, the assignments (and the stress) are piling up. Everything can seem really overwhelming, especially for freshmen. Sometimes it feels like a never-ending cycle of work, work, work, and no fun. Sleep can be hard to make time for and coffee, the ever-lovable jitter juice, is the only thing keeping most of the campus going. With everything that’s happening, it can be so easy to ignore mental (and physical) health to complete the large workload being pushed on us students. The pressure to make good grades, while also maintaining a social life and hobbies, can be too much for some and leave us feeling a different level of stress than life before college could’ve ever created.

To the girl who’s struggling with this end of the semester anxiety,

take a deep breath.

You are not alone in this struggle and you WILL make it through the semester. You are smart and you are successful, even when the odds seem against you. You have made it this far and you will make it through college too. You owe it to yourself to take care of your mind and body, while still succeeding in school because you are more than just a student. You are a person with hobbies, interests, family, and friends that deserves to enjoy these things. So give yourself a break sometimes. Take a nap. Go for a run. Binge-watch a show. Call your parents. Go out with your friends. Do whatever, as long as it makes you happy because in the end, you’re not going to remember what you made on your finals, but you will remember the experiences that bring you happiness.

Zelda Proveaux is a freshman at the College of Charleston. She is majoring in Communications and wants to have a career in digital marketing. In her free time, Zelda enjoys listening to music and being around animals, especially cute pups!