harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Regardless of the season or your schedule, we all suffer from stress-induced breakouts, but there’s no need to fret. I’ve stumbled upon some amazing products that save my skin even during those months when my acne acts up. Here are some inexpensive products that have results worth a million bucks!

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Only $4.99 at Walmart, this face wash is my ultimate go-to when I need to wash off a full face of makeup and clumpy mascara or even just a face covered in oils from the day. It’s the only face wash that I truly walk away actually feeling like my face is squeaky clean and it doesn’t dry out my skin! I recommend using this at night when your skin needs it the most.

ZAPZYT Pore Treatment Gel

If face wash alone doesn’t seem to clear up those pesky pimples, ZAPZYT does just that. I apply a small dot wherever it’s needed, around my nose or on a pimple that doesn’t have a whitehead yet. If it doesn’t work in one night, apply it before bed for several nights and I can guarantee that it will help clear out your skin. Just be careful not to overdo it since the Benzoyl Peroxide in it can dry out your skin. If you’re applying it at night as I do, I’d also recommend using a white face towel and pillowcase since it’ll stain colored fabric. Swing by Walmart and pick up yours for $4.47. 

L’Oréal Paris Active Daily Moisturizer 

To combat the effects of the cleansers and creams with Benzoyl Peroxide, I moisturize my face with L’Oréal Paris’s Active Daily Moisture Lotion. A little goes a long way, and it helps get rid of some of the dryness while also protecting my skin from the constant sun rays. This moisturizer is a good primer or stand alone product, priced at only $6.27 at Walmart. 

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup 

Dermatologist tested, fragrance free, and hypoallergenic, this foundation was created for those of us who want to have clear skin while still wearing makeup. Whenever I switch to a different foundation, my acne seems to come back in a flash so this is definitely a must have for anyone with acne who wants to wear foundation. It has benzoyl peroxide that fights acne throughout your day. Not only that, but it comes in a variety of shades for every skin color and seasonal skin tone change. This foundation is on the pricey end of drugstore products, but it’s sure to last you a while at $10-$13 at Walmart.

Here’s to clear skin and products that don’t mock our college budgets!

Isabel Crews

C of C '23

Isabel is a sophomore at the College of Charleston and is triple majoring in International Studies, Communications, and French! When she’s not in class or studying, you can find her sipping coffee, telling stories, discussing social justice, or planning her next international adventure.