7 Elle Woods Quotes To Get You Through Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

We all know the stress of school, relationships and life in general can get the best of us and certainly bring out the worst in us. However, when this happens to me and I have to look for motivation to get me through and when in doubt, I turn to Elle Woods. This may sound silly, but the movie “Legally Blonde” is one of the best feel-good movies out there. It is incredibly moving and filled with women empowerment. So if you’re struggling here are 7 quotes that can get you through almost anything.   

1. “If I’m going to be a partner in a law firm by the time I’m 30, I’m going to need a boyfriend who’s not such a bonehead.” 

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

2. Never let a boy get in the way of your dreams. “I don’t need backups, I’m going to Harvard.”

Photo courtesy of The Odyssey

3) If you want something and set your mind to it, go get it! “Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy.”

Photo courtesy of Fitnana.

4) When in doubt, exercise can and will always get your mind right. “You got into Harvard law?” “What, like it’s hard?”

Photo courtesy of Boss Girl.

5) Sorry boys, who runs the world? “I’d pick the dangerous one, because I’m not afraid of a challenge.”

Photo courtesy of Tumblr.

6) Always do what scares you. “Remembering that first impressions are not always correct.”

Photo courtesy of The Odyssey.

7) Give yourself and others a second chance. You never know who or what might change your outlook, so keep an open mind. “You must always have faith in people. And most important, you must always have faith in yourself.”

Photo courtesy of Giphy.

Show love to others but never forget to love yourself. So when all else fails, put on your favorite bathrobe and facemask and indulge into “Legally Blonde” the movie and get your Elle Woods on. I promise your inner badass will kick in. 

I'm Anna Trojanowska, a junior and President of HC at the College of Charleston. Photography and ballroom dancing are my passions. I absolutely love traveling and documenting my trips to one day look back on them and cherish the beauty of the world.