nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Take a Break (From Anything)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

As February begins we all start to realize syllabus week is long gone. We become more stressed and lack time to do the things we enjoy. Over the past couple weeks my trips to the gym had decreased and library hours increased. In order to stay sane, I take a few breaks. Here are some of my favorite ways to take a break from school, stress and anything else.

1. Go for a run

Photo from Yelp.

Running is a great way to relieve stress. In a place as beautiful as Charleston, running along the Battery barely seems like work.

2. Play with a furry friend

Photo from College of Charleston.

I love animals. They always help me relax! I like to take a break everyday to play with my bunny. We both seem to appreciate the free time. If you don’t have a pet just say “hello” to the next dog you see on the street (they love being told they’re good dogs).

3. Take a nap

As college students we never seem to get enough sleep. One of the most relaxing ways to take a break is to catch some zzz’s.

4. Treat yourself

Paint your nails. Do a face or hair masque. There’s nothing better than giving yourself some TLC.

5. Coffee break

Photo from Travel + Leisure.

Living in Charleston we certainly don’t lack coffee shops. With a Starbucks on almost every block we can always find a way to grab a latte. Personally my favorite is the Strawberry Acai. Its light and refreshing. Its also perfect to drink under a tree in Marion Square.

As the semester continues remember to go take a break, collegiettes.  Your mental and physical health will thank you and you’ll get through the semester in one piece!

I am currently a sophomore at the College of Charleston. I am majoring in Exercise Science with a minor in Political Science. At CofC I am on the crew team, a member of Sigma Kappa and on the HerCampus team. I am originally from Fenwick Island, DE but now live in Charleston full time. My favorite things to do in my spare time are to go shopping or to go for a run!
Born and raised in the northernmost state, Alaska, Marissa flew south to College of Charleston for a little more sun and a little more heat.  She believes a good life involves coffee, puppies, and more coffee and free time is her favorite thing not to have.