matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

C-Mich Chapter Welcomes first Male Writer to Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

The C-Mich Chapter of Her Campus is excited to welcome senior Jeremy Agosta, the chapter’s very first male writer, to the team.  The C-Mich team encourages and celebrates diversity among their members and is an all inclusive organization that invites people of all genders, races, sexualities, etc.  

Agosta is majoring in journalism with a concentration in public relations and minoring in political science.  Agosta states that he will not be a regular contributor due to other involvements, but he is excited to give a different perspective.  The chapter was also able to gain more insight on Agosta’s interest, passions and what Her Campus means to him.

How did you hear about Her Campus?

I heard about Her Campus here and there for a while. I assumed only women could write for the publication but got hit with the inspiration bug after seeing girls react in weird ways to things guys do.

What is your favorite thing to write about?

I typically write about politics and current events for CM Life. Writing things that challenge people’s ideas and (hopefully) get them to think differently is one of my favorite things to do in general. I also have a passion for music, especially hip-hop.

What inspired you to join Her Campus?

I decided to write for her campus after a friend of mine refused to ask a guy she liked out. After making a huge deal of sending the first text I wondered if a lot of girls feel this irrational pressure around guys. While I won’t be a frequent contributor to Her Campus, offering a guys perspective every now and then seems like a worthy cause.

What are some of your other involvements?

All of my free time goes toward writing and creating. I try to give every medium some sort of time. Whether is it music, filmmaking or photography, diversifying my creative abilities has always been important to me.

Why do you think it is important for men to support women empowerment and equality for all?

Without sounding like I am virtue signaling, I think the benefits of having an equal society are self explanatory. If any one part of society is living with less rights and privileges than the other, that is a problem for everyone. If men don’t acknowledge their own privilege and do something to equal the playing field, it just kind of seems like a dick move.

Check out Agosta’s first article: https://www.hercampus.com/school/c-mich/inside-guys-mind-we-are-not-complicated

Hi there! My name is Kara and I am originally from Freeland, Michigan, a tiny town in the Mid-Michigan area. I am a junior here at Central Michigan University and I am pursuing a degree in Advertising and Multi-Media Design. I have a passion for art, fashion, and music so I hope to one day work in one of these industries. My dream is to live in Chicago or New York! On campus, I am involved with the Honors Program, Advertising Student Development Forum (ASDF), the Beta Phi chapter of the Delta Phi Epsilon sorority, and am now serving as the co-correspondent and editor-in-chief of the C-Mich chapter of Her Campus. I am excited to take on this role and be working with our team throughout this journey! I absolutely love Her Campus and everything that it stands for. It is not only important to empower women, but important to empower people of all sexualities, genders, races, religious beliefs, etc. A fun fact about me is that I love to roller blade and I spent over a month in Thailand this past summer!