kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Summer Plan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Alright friends, the semester is nearing its end and if I don’t make any sort of summer goals, I’m going to end up laying on my kitchen floor rewatching The Office for like the 6th time. Nobody wants to see that. Again.

So here’s the plan, I’ve come up with a few different summer goals and I’m counting on you people to hold me accountable.

Rae’s Summer Goals:

• Work out more – You know that scene from New Girl where Jess is trying to get over Nick and she gets really into random pastimes, like aggressively, then becomes a total gym rat and then moves the fridge? Yeah, that’s goal number one. I mean, I’m pretty much Jessica Day anyways, so I’m hoping this won’t be that difficult.

• Write more – I always struggle to keep my writing abilities up over the summer. Half because I’m lazy, and half because I’m not literally being forced to write for school and such. I’ve started a personal blog, but I’m just ass at updating it. Someone please aggressively tweet at me to update it.

• Stop spending so much money – I’m a self-diagnosed shopaholic… but here’s the thing. Being a college student, I literally have no money so this whole need to shop thing just really isn’t working out for my bank account. Plus, I’m going to Ireland in July and lord only knows I’m gonna want to buy everything over there. So, I need to keep it together these next two months.

• Get rid of shi t- y’all IDK why but I literally have so much shit. Clothes, jewelry, knick knacks, hell, even those cute little notebooks. I just have so much stuff. I need to purge like ⅔ of all my belongings. I need to become one of those minimalist hipsters and align my chakras or something, ‘cus at this rate, I’m gonna be drowning in clothes by the time I’m 25. Send help.

Idk why, I thought this seemed fitting.

Okay ladies, I’m counting on you to get me through this summer with these goals.

~Broke hoe with aspirations

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.