Non-Rose Flower Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Stop buying roses just because you don’t know what other flowers to get #2k17.  If the person who is receiving the flowers loves roses then that’s different, but if that’s not the case, give the rose a break and try some of these less popular, but still just as awesome flowers, instead.

1. Carnations

These puffy little princesses make a perfect gift for your favorite Her Campus writer (hint hint).

2. Tulips

Tulips scream innocent love to me, the forehead kiss of the flowers.

3. Sunflowers

All flowers need the sun/light to live, but sunflowers are the only ones that are known for being willing to work for that light. Keep reaching for that sun little babies.

4. Daisy

They make a good sour cream, but they make an even better flower. Daisies are one of my top three favorite flowers because they are simple, beautiful, and cheap!

5. Lilies

Lilies are the most underrated flower of all time. Everyone knows lilies exist, and yet, I never see anyone ever buy nor receive them. Make lilies great again #2k17

The purpose of this article wasn’t to put down roses, or to put down people who buy roses, but rather to remind everyone that there is more to your local flower shop. Live on the wild side and give one of these, or another non-rose flower, a try next time you’re shopping around for a beautiful bouquet.

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.