12 Pump-Up Songs To Pregame Your Next Exam Day Or Workout!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Even though the midterm season can be a busy and stressful time for many of us, don’t let that stop you from reaching your academic and fitness goals. Whether I’m studying for a big exam or I’m about to hit leg day, I rely on my music to get me through it all. To help you power through your midterms and workouts, I’ve compiled a list of motivational pump-up songs that will help you stay focused, energized and motivated. These songs have high-energy beats and inspiring lyrics to keep you going through even the toughest workouts and study sessions. Grab your headphones and get ready to crush those midterms and fitness goals with the help of the ultimate pump-up playlist! Here are some great song recommendations down below:

“Remember the name” – FORT MINOR

Memorable lyric: “and a hundred percent reason to remember the name”

“STRONGER” – KANYE WEST

Memorable lyric: “It’s a thousand yous, there’s only one of me

“WATCH ME SHINE” – JOANNA PACITTI

Memorable lyric: “Not gonna give up/Until I get what’s mine”

“THE NEW WORKOUT PLAN” – KANYE WEST

Memorable lyric: “Oh, girl, your silhouette make me wanna light a cigarette”

“successful” – Ariana grande

Memorable lyric: “It feels so good to be so young/And have this fun and be successful”

“FOREVER” – DRAKE, LIL WAYNE, KANYE WEST, EMINEM

Memorable lyric: “If you ain’t been a part of it, at least you got to witness, b*tches”

“get into it (yuh)” – doja cat

Memorable lyric: “Get me out my zone, I’m just talkin’ comfort, shawty”

“freestyle” – lil baby

Memorable lyrics: “What you know ’bout showin’ love?/What you know ’bout pullin’ up in Bentley trucks?”

“already” – Beyoncé

Memorable lyrics: “Callin’ all the shots, ring ring, body/Crown on your head, got a king body”

“rumors” – gucci mane, lil durk

Memorable lyric: “In this industry, ain’t what it seem, this sh*t be counterfeit”

“fast (motion)” – saweetie

Memorable lyrics: “Iciest b*tch in the whole damn land/I hit the road in an all-white Lam'”

“adonis interlude” – DREAMVILLE, J.COLE

Memorable lyrics: “And though some problems did fade the hunger stayed/These stomach rumbles could humble thunder”

add my playlist that includes all these songs and more on Spotify!
Ayesha Khan

Buffalo '23

Ayesha is a senior majoring in Neuroscience and minoring in Asian Studies. She has a passion for all things music and enjoys singing in her free time. An Ariana Grande stan who's obsessed with aesthetics, coffee, the Bills, and her cat, Raja.