This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

The Basics

Name: Greg Avila-Shah

Hometown: Lewiston, New-York

Year:  Freshman

Major: Undeclared until I can enter the Speech Pathology program

Zodiac Sign: Virgo

The Favorites

Favorite film: Flipped

Favorite food: Wild rice

Favorite song at the moment: No None Like You, by The Scorpions

Favorite color: Electric Blue

Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Favorite place to visit in Buffalo: The abandoned train station

Favorite animal: Elephant

The Interesting Facts

Fun fact: I’m a musician, I’ve played the cello since I was 9, and I taught myself guitar

Hobbies: I enjoy sailing, running, music, and looking at the stars

If you could switch places with anybody for a week, who would it be and why: I’d have to say, I’d like to switch places with Bear Grylls, because every step he takes is an adventure

Celebrity Crush: AnnaSophia Robb

Guilty Pleasure: Sappy romance movies (like Charlie St. Cloud)

If you were stuck on a desert island for a week and could only have three things with you, what would they be? A good book, some food, and a recliner, got to stay comfortable for that week!

Describe yourself in three words: Adventurous, Dreamer, Musical

Relationship Status: Single

What are your aspirations? I just want to change the world. Whether or not it’s with my major, or one life, or many lives, I want to be able to say I made a change.

Quote to live by: “Keep on keepin’ on”-Joe Dirt

What advice can you give to students here at Buff State? Don’t be afraid to explore the area, Buffalo’s amazingly rich in history, and there’s always people around who are itching to tell it. 

**All of us here at Her Campus Buff State would like to wish Greg the best of luck on all his future goals and endeavors!

Katlyn McNamara is a senior at Buffalo State College. She studies Public Relations and runs for their Cross Country and Track & Field team. With a big background in theatre her dream job is to move out to LA and be an actress. Before heading out to LA she would like to be a performer at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida. Along the way she would like to create her own non-profit organization to help animals as well as anyone in need. She has a passion for blogging and social media and has her own YouTube Channel. Fun facts about Katlyn: her nickname is Kat, her rolemodel is Lauren Conrad, guilty pleasure tv show is the House Wives and her favorite season is Autumn.