Getting Ready for Finals (As Told by Leonardo DiCaprio)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

So, it’s getting to that point in the semester – the dreaded finals week. We’ve gotten through Halloween, we’ve spent Thanksgiving Break binging on Netflix and eating leftovers…now, it’s time to get down to brass tacks. There’s only a few more weeks left in the semester, so get to it!

1.) Denial: You’ve got time; you’ve got loads of time. False. You have two short weeks to get your act together. You feel like everything is fine – keep telling yourself that.

2.) More denial: Okay, so you’ve got a week left now. Everything is fine. You’re not even anxious yet. Keep playing it cool.

3.) Drastic measures to avoid responsibility: You watch Netflix when you know you shouldn’t be watching Netflix. This is when the panic starts to set in. Hello, paranoia.

4.) The party’s over: Time to get serious. No more parties, no more late night benders. You’ve got studying to do.

5.) Procrastination: We all do it.

6.) You’re drowning:  So much work, so little time. Professors are throwing everything they can at you – ten-page papers, presentations, video projects…it’s a lot to handle. We know.

7.) Insanity is inevitable: Too many papers, too much homework, too many tests…yeah, we’re all going crazy.

8.) Playing it cool: You like to act like you can handle all of this – like a real adult.

But on the inside, you’re still like…

9.) But the end is in sight: And that’s exciting, right?! 

10.) Don’t forget to cut loose: Everyone needs a study break. Go out with friends, have a little party. Just breathe.

We wish you the best of luck – here’s to you and all your efforts this semester!