This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Spring Break is almost here! Time to leave school and head to the sunny beaches to get a much-needed tan.  Before you can go anywhere though, you need to pack all the necessities to avoid going to the hotel’s gift store and spending a boatload of money that you would rather spend on fruity drinks near the pool.  It is easy to forget what to pack with such excitement in the air, but don’t fret we got you covered.

1.     Sunscreen

Although everyone wants to go back to school showing off their tan lines it is important to protect your skin by using sunscreen while soaking up the sun. Be smart and don’t get burned!

2.     Bathing Suit

The moment everyone has been waiting for – time to show off that body you have been working on.  Wear a bathing suit that accentuates your body, whether it is curvy or slim.  Remember to be confident and take plenty of pictures to post on Instagram!

3.     Accessories

Accessories can take any bland outfit and bring it over the top. Jewelry such as body chains; rings, hoop earrings and arm cuffs can bring your outfit together in seconds.  Statement sunglasses are in trend this season and are sure to protect your eyes from the sun.

4.     A Hat

While having the time of your life, you want to also make sure that you are being safe while in blazing temperatures. A beach hatm for example, will provide extra protection from the sun and cool you down. Or, hide you from those boys that you met the night before at brunch.

5.     Reusable Water Bottle

The key to success is definitely water! Make sure to keep your body hydrated since you are going to be outside all day.  You can refill it with drinks throughout the day and it will remind you to keep drinking it.

I am currently 19 years old and I attend Buffalo State College. My major is Fashion Textile Technology with a concentration in Fashion Merchandising.