5 of the Best Snacks to Help with Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

As much as we want to stuff our face with pizza, chips and other fatty foods to help us cope with the struggles of final weeks, don’t. Let’s try to end off the semester strong and incorporate nutritious snacks to stay alert, refreshed, and nourished during the most stressful time of the school year. During this time of the semester, free food, like pizza, chips, and cookies, at events are everywhere and it can seem impossible to eat healthy.  We also know that the broke life is real so we can’t really afford the healthiest foods in the world. However, I got you covered with 5 affordable and nutritious snacks to help your hungry belly during studying.

1.       Granola bars

KIND Healthy Grain Granola Bar Retails for $3.22 for pack of 5

They are packed with proteins and fibers and are a quick snack to eat while on your way to the library for your late night studying sessions with friends. A healthy and tasty alternative that has 5 super grains which are oats, millets, quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat.

2.       String Cheese

KRAFT String Cheese Retails for $6.00 for a pack of 12

String Cheese is an easy and fun way to stay healthy. All you do is peel and eat.  One stick of cheese is around 80 calories and is full of protein and calcium.

3.       Greek Yogurt

Chobani Greek Yogurt Retails for $1.00 for a cup of 5.3 oz

High in protein and low in sugar, it is a snack that will keep you satisfied and wanting more. With so many different flavors to choose from, you will never get tired of it. You can even sprinkle some granola on it to give it a crunchy, honey taste.

4.       Whole Wheat Crackers

Triscuit Baked Wheat Crackers Retails for $2.82 for 9oz box

Paired with your favorite toppings like peanut butter or Nutella, it can jazz up the snack. The whole wheat is packed with grains to help reduce the risk of heart disease which gives it an added bonus.

5.       Avocado

1 retails for 49 cents

Avocado improves blood flow and can lower blood pressure. It can be a spread over crackers or even just eaten alone. 

I am currently 19 years old and I attend Buffalo State College. My major is Fashion Textile Technology with a concentration in Fashion Merchandising.