Why We’re So Obsessed with our HC Summer Survival Kit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Her Campus Bucknell would like to extend a huge thank you to Her Campus Nationals and their sponsors for this year’s Summer Survival Kit! Our team had a blast going through the kit and seeing what handy goodies were included for Summer 2015. Check out the essentials we can’t get enough of below!

Rich Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan for Getting Your Financial Life Together…Finally by Nicole Lapin

In Rich Bitch, money expert and financial journalist Nicole Lapin lays out a 12-Step Plan in which she shares her experiences, mistakes and all, of getting her own finances in order. The book promises to provide readers with a plan you can not only sustain, but thrive with. We seniors were especially thankful for this book as we will be managing our own finances in the real world in one short month!

Blink Tattoos

Jazz up any summer outfit with Blink Tattoos! They come in a wide variety of cute designs that we couldn’t decide which one to put on first. Whether you put on one or ten, they will surely make you stand out from the crowd and because they’re only temporary, there’s no risk in experimenting with new looks!

Crunch Live

Crunch Gym, known for its cutting-edge classes, now lets you sweat it out anytime, anywhere! Crunch Live gives you access to 70+ online workouts that are inspired by Crunch’s most popular and results driven classes. The wide variety of classes includes yoga, strength training, dance cardio, and so much more so you’ll never get bored with your workout again!  Crunch Live is perfect for any college gal who is miles away from her home gym but still wants to bring her favorite class to her dorm room!

Boohoo

Boohoo.com is a site that offers extremely cute clothes at very reasonable prices. Whether you’re in the market for a new dress, pair of shorts, or crop top, boohoo will surely have many items that suite your style! We loved the emergency ponchos that were included in the kit – so handy for a rainy day party!

Chloe + Isabel

A jewelry brand with a larger purpose, chloe + isabel empowers the next generation of entrepreneurs through social retail. CEO and founder Chantel Waterbury conceived both a brand and opportunity that combines elements of direct sales, retail and eCommerce with the sole purpose of providing a more meaningful experience to the modern woman. Check out the wide variety of jewelry offered online and help support fellow women reach their dream!

Chipotle

Need we say more? It is impossible to tire of Chipotle’s fresh, delicious Mexican food and Her Campus just made it all the easier for us to get our burrito fix.

The Her Campus Guide to Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life!

Written by the experts behind Her Campus, this college guide is bursting with insider tips to help you navigate classes, relationships, and all your extracurriculars–including parties and Greek life. We are so proud of Her Campus for publishing such an amazing book that is full of meaningful advice for women at colleges across the country. Pick up your copy today and spread the word!

Lastly, we loved the #celebrateyourself cards that were included in the kit. We left them around the library during finals week so that our fellow stressed out peers could remember why it’s important to put down the books and reflect on how blessed we are.

HCXO!

Margaret is a senior at Bucknell University majoring in psychology and economics. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus Bucknell, a member of the women's squash team, and spent last semester abroad in Rome. She loves all kinds of music from Michael Buble to old-school hip hop, Kiawah Island (SC), Oprah magazine, crossword puzzles and going out to leisurely weekend brunches with her friends. 
Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com