Life > Experiences

Top 10 Valentine’s Dates for Bucknell Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s officially February, or more famously, the season of love. Shortly after Christmas stores already begin stocking their shelves with chocolate, cards, pink and red dish towels, pillows, blankets, and anything else shoppers can buy for their loved ones or use to decorate their homes for the holidays. Some believe that Valentine’s Day is simply a capitalist holiday that businesses use to force couples to buy things they don’t need so that stores can increase their profits. While to some end this may be true, many people believe that February 14th is a time that couples and friends can come together and have a reason to show their love and appreciation for one another.

Therefore, whether you are in a brand new relationship, on a first date, it’s ~complicated~, or you’re spending time with a friend, check out our list of top 10 date ideas in Lewisburg or the nearby area. Whether you hate Valentine’s Day or love it, why not have some fun?

1. Valentine’s Dinner at Lisa’s Milltown Deli

If you are looking for a little adventure this Valentine’s Day, check out Lisa’s Milltown Deli (48 Broadway St, Milton PA). While they usually only serve lunch, they are doing a special dinner menu that you won’t want to miss. 

1. See a movie at the campus theater 

The campus theater is one of the cutest and most fun spots on Market Street. Moviegoers will get a retro experience with the theater’s original art deco structure, its singular screen, and its ticket prices of $8, which hasn’t changed in 10 years. You can either bring your own popcorn and candy or buy them at the theater for a small price. Additionally, while there are plenty of normal seats throughout the theater, if you are looking for a more ~romantic~ vibe, there are also couches in the back that you can reserve to snuggle up on with your special someone. 

1. Order cookie decorating kits from The Cookie Dude

The Cookie Dude, a cookie shop that opened last August on Market Street, sells a variety of delicious cookies and fun decorating kits. This Valentine’s Day, you can order a Valentine’s Day-inspired decorating kit filled with sugar cookies, frosting, and sprinkles. Additionally, you can order heart-shaped cookies with royal icing and phrases of your choosing. 

1. Dress up and have a night out at Trevina 

If you are looking for a more formal “date night” with your friend or significant other, Trevina is the best place to go. They offer paninis, flatbreads, charcuterie, delicious desserts, and incredible cocktails and beers on tap if you are over 21. 

1. Take a ride to Ard’s Farm and buy charcuterie ingredients and watch a movie

Ard’s farm is about a 7-minute drive from Bucknell. There, you can get all freshly made ingredients for a charcuterie board including cheeses, meats, crackers, nuts, veggies, and even a number of choices of freshly made chocolates. Then, if you are hoping for a more relaxed holiday you can watch a movie, cuddle up, and enjoy a fresh charcuterie board. 

1. Go to the maker space and make something for each other 

There are a variety of different activities available at the Maker Space for those who may be interested. This includes painting pottery, making pottery, making tee-shirts or even drawing and painting. 

1. If you are over 21, attend the Sweetheart & Chocolate weekend in Harrisburg

Beginning on February 10th, you can attend the SpringGate Vineyards Sweetheart & Chocolate weekend in Harrisburg, PA. Here they will have access to free music, food trucks, and of course, drinks. There is no ticket required and all food is a la carte.

1. Walk the rail trail and grab ice cream from Purple Cow

If the sun is shining and Valentine’s Day happens to bring warmer weather, a great date idea is to take a long romantic walk on the Rail Trail to The Purple Cow for some fresh ice cream. They have chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, and black raspberry soft serve. Just remember to bring cash!

1. Valentine’s Day card-making in Milton

Looking to share the love for those in need? This year, Milton public library (541 Broadway Street, Milton PA) is hosting an event where people can come and make Valentine’s Day cards for people living in the Milton Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center. All materials will be provided.

1. Toss your ex to the wolves

If this Valentine’s Day you are trying to forget an ex or simply get over one, T&D’s Cat of The World (363 Mountain Rd, Penns Creek PA) is hosting an event where for $5, people can pay to get their ex’s name written on a treat that is actually thrown to the wolves. This money then goes to protecting and raising each of the animals in the shelter.

Kelly Troop

Bucknell '25

Kelly Troop is a rising Sophomore at Bucknell University with an intended literary studies major. She enjoys reading historical fiction and mystery and writing fiction. Once she graduates, she hopes to pursue a career in journalism, publishing, or editing. In addition to writing and reading, she enjoys cooking, spending time with friends, and playing sports.