This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Over the last two decades, Taylor Swift has risen to become one of the most influential artists in the world. She’s a well-decorated, passionate, and competitive soul who has broken numerous records in the music industry, all while being a singer, songwriter, performer, activist, and so much more. On February 4, she made history as the first artist ever to win four “Album of the Year” awards at the Grammys. To further celebrate this accomplishment, she announced her upcoming album, “The Tortured Poets Department”, during one of her acceptance speeches. The album will be released in late April, and already has fans sitting on the edge of their seats.

There is no doubt that Swift is a one-of-a-kind, independent female role model. It can be hard to find anyone else comparable to her level of fame and personality. However, Travis Kelce, her partner, might just be one of the best possible people to compliment Swift. Their relationship began around the late summer of 2023, and they have been each others’ greatest supporters since then.

Travis Kelce, the tight end of the Kansas City Chiefs, is an extremely talented football player, having been a two-time Super Bowl winner prior to the extra attention surrounding his dating life. He had gone to see Taylor perform at the Eras Tour on a number of occasions. Since then, Taylor has been an active supporter of his NFL career, attending over a dozen Chiefs games this season, including Super Bowl LVIII, which took place on February 11. After a very close game, Kelce and the Chiefs took the victory, marking his third Super Bowl win in a row. And of course, Taylor was there to congratulate him.

Clearly both Swift and Kelce are extremely successful household names individually, but their relationship has struck the world by storm. It is exciting to see two people with such busy, public lives taking the time to support and look out for one another. It will be exciting to see how their relationship progresses over time, and how much more the pair will accomplish on their own, as well as together!

Emma Yorke

Bucknell '26

Emma is a sophomore student at Bucknell studying marketing and business analytics. She's a proud New Jersey native who loves chai lattes, making new friends, watching Gossip Girl, and listening to Taylor Swift!