A SWUG’s Advice to Bucknell Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Senior year – the year that you never thought would come. The year you vowed to do all the things that you never got around to actually doing. If you are going to be entering your last year at the Buck, here is advice from a washed up senior in order to top off your four years.

Set Goals

These don’t have to be academic goals, but make sure to jot down some of the things that you want to do in your last year in Lewisburg. The time will go by before you know it, so get a head start before May finals sneak up on you!

Set Up a Quote Board

Now that you are living in a house, apartment or gateway, buy a communal quote board for the year to display the most memorable one-liners. You won’t regret it.

JUST DO IT

The Nike logo can be applied to many elements of college (good and bad) but this is your last chance to take on a leadership position or eat at a new restaurant in rural PA (coming from someone who discovered Rusty Rail in her last month at Bucknell). Take the course you’ve always wanted to take (even if it’s Management 101 and you’re the oldest person in the class). Reach out to new people. Submit a piece of writing. Lastly, since Greek life tends to take a backseat in your last year, take the opportunity to host some of your own events!

The “J” Word

Finding a job – one of the most daunting parts of senior year. While getting into grad school, finding a job or simply figuring out “the next step” might seem like the thing you should be concerned about all year, DO NOT STRESS. This only leads to panic piling up – not a pleasant feeling while capping off your college experience. More people graduate with temporary than you may think. (And the reality is that most of us don’t know what we’re doing anyway.) Just focus on figuring out your next move. Talk with alum when they come back, especially those who live in places you want to be in after graduation. Just know that as long as you keep your grades up, you will graduate and find a job. But until you’re wearing that cap and gown, try to take advantage of the many things that Bucknell can offer.

Document

Take as many pictures as you can. Go out with your friends on Thursdays, laugh in the library and do a couple of things that you get still get away with you’re still in college. Write notes to the friends and professors who have impacted your time in at school. This is your last chance to make memories at Bucknell so take advantage of everythi

Emma Sheehy is a senior English major at Bucknell University. Now washed up, she can be seen running around Lewisburg, people watching on the first floor of the library and drinking wine in her apartment. She prefers to send snail mail, call people rather than text (to the dismay of her friends) and loves nighttime walks. To see more of her "stuff" check out her personal blog on life at Bucknell at http://www.emmasheehy.com.
What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.