Stickerscope: What Do Your Laptop Stickers Say About You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Among the many accessories of the quintessential Bucknell girl, including her fracket, Bean boots, and navy and orange baseball cap, is her laptop. The outer shell of a laptop can say a lot about the collegiette behind it particularly, when its decked out with stickers. Because these rectangular façades are the perfect venues for self-expression, sticker arrangements provide small vignettes into studentslives and interests. Below, you can decipher what your laptop stickers say about you.

The funny stickers: Patagucci, surprised Patrick, Kim K crying, Vote for Pedro

What they mean: Displaying one of these stickers means that not only do you have a great sense of humor, but you also love making other people laugh youre hoping that Kims ugly crying face elicits a smile out of a fellow library-goer. Your friends often look to you to lighten the mood in glum times (*cough* exams).

What youre doing on the computer: Chances are, youre either laughing along to last nights episode of Jimmy Fallon, or reading HerCampuss list of what college is like as told by Disney characters

The statement stickers: Frack off, Drop beats not bombs, Save the sea turtles, Girls just wanna have fun(damental human rights)

What they mean: When it comes to controversial issues, you are engaged and opinionated. Passionate is an excellent word to describe you, as you are unafraid to speak your mind and encourage others to do the same. You are hoping that seeing your sticker gets people talking, thinking, and opening their minds.

What youre doing on the computer: You probably have several tabs open, including The New York Times, MSN, and/or BBC News, as you finish up your poli-sci paper on Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The chill stickers: Good vibes, Coexist, sunset-colored yin-yang

What they mean: Going with the flow is pretty much your specialty. People love to be around you because you are able to maintain a positive attitude without being in-your-face about it. You tend to avoid conflict and confrontation, but its probably just because youre so easygoing.

What youre doing on the computer: You are likely scrolling Tumblr for photos of faraway places to add to your travel bucket list, while enjoying the background music of a coffeehouse playlist. Dont forget the ukulele cover of T-Swifts Shake It Off!

The preppy stickers: Vineyard Vines whale, Lilly-patterned monogram

What they mean: You are one classy collegiette. Likely raised in New England, you have high-heels to match your high standards and thats something to be proud of! You dont like to leave any loose ends untied or feelings bruised. Friends probably come to you for your savvy fashion advice (or maybe just to borrow your clothes).

What youre doing on the computer: As a reward for finishing that weeks-long group project, youre treating yourself to some online shopping and snapping up all the deals, obvs.

The Bucknell logo

What it means: Oft of Bucknell, thee are thinking!You are proud to go to a school where students are not only intelligent, active, and involved, but also genuinely happy. As President Bravman encourages, you strive each day to be the best version of yourself. Ray Bucknell!

*All stickers shown are available for purchase via redbubble.com.

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com