School ‘Spirit’: The Bucknell Ghost

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

The Halloween vibes faded away after October 31st, yet the spirit of Halloween looms year round on Bucknell’s campus. In fact, Hunt Hall, nicknamed Haunt Hall, is believed to home a female ghost. There are numerous different theories concerning the ghost; however, students and faculty have reported witnessing inexplicable phenomena in the building for over 20 years.

The ghost is the most active in the summer months and spends the majority of her time on the 3rd and 4th floors of Hunt. She has been seen wearing a green rain jacket and emits a strange smelling perfume when she passes by. Students reported that they have experienced odd events such as radios turning on and off, lights flickering, slamming of doors, and rooms being rearranged. The ghost is also known to slip into dresses that are hung up on the back of doors. The custodial staff has even mentioned that their tools will randomly go missing and be found in unusual spots.  

This year, Hunt Hall residents on the 3rd floor have experienced the strange activities. Lights have gone on and off and showers have randomly turned on. One resident reported that her computer started playing loud music when she wasn’t using it. Another resident said that her hair dryer turned on while she was doing homework. The girls even nicknamed the ghost “Angela” and a few weeks ago and later, a man delivered a dry cleaned dress to the hall with the name Angela on the label!

No one knows for sure who the ghost is; however, she is believed to be a former student of Bucknell who died in a buggy accident. Another theory proposes that she drowned in a nearby stream. It has also said that the ghost may be the spirit of a girl whose mother and brother tragically died in a car accident on the way to Bucknell.

With all of these speculations, one thing is certain: the ghost of Hunt Hall will continue to haunt the building and make the spookiness of Halloween last all year long.

Molly Farrell is a junior at Bucknell University majoring in creative writing and minoring in arts entrepreneurship. She enjoys long walks on the beach, netflix to continue playing, and her puns intended. Follow her on instagram: mfarrell34
What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.