This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

When it comes to vintage selections, I’ll spare you the obvious. Of course you should listen to the Beatles and know every song on the Sgt. Peppers album by heart, but what about some throwbacks slightly off our generation’s oldies’ beaten path? Here is a trio of gem artists from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s who you may have yet to uncover:

I. The Velvet Underground and Nico

Managed by Andy Warhol himself, this 1960’s NYC pop group was an artful collaboration among American rock artists. Some of its most famous members included Lou Reed and John Cale. Their experimental tunes have been heralded as some of the most influential and their debut album was described as the “most prophetic rock album ever made” by Rolling Stone.
Best Album: The Velvet Underground (1967)

II. The Sex Pistols

These edgy Englishmen were responsible for kick-starting Britain’s definitive punk movement with their controversial lyrics and jarring instrumentals. A great selection when you’re rolling with a motley crew.
Best Album: Never Mind the Bollocks, Here’s the Sex Pistols (1977)

III. Daryl Hall and John Oates

You may recognize some of this all-American dynamic duo’s hits from the Anchorman soundtrack. The R&B-meets-rock and roll Hall and Oates makes for a warm-hearted, feel-good listen. A classic 80’s groove.
Best Album: Private Eyes (1981)

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!